PokerStars ignore small players

• Lagranzo
      Lagranzo
      Bronze
      Hello,

One month ago (2-3 October) suddenly my account was frozen, but differently than others here in forum I didn't recieve any message, so I have wrote to support myself asking why it's frozen. They answer me what my request forwarded to relevant department and I will recieve an asnwer. So I'm still waiting :) . I have try remember them about me still no result, here is last message from support I have recieve at 11 of October:

Thank you for your follow-up.

Please note that as previously informed, your original email regarding this matter is already in the care of the relevant department, which is diligently analysing your case. We have not put it aside.

Unfortunately, the analysis we have to undertake may sometimes take longer than expected, as we need to review all information collected before successfully completing our investigation. As such, we cannot provide a time frame for a response.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, however, we guarantee you will be contacted as soon as we can provide you with additional information regarding the nature of this case.

Thank you once again for your continued patience, collaboration and understanding. We will immediately contact you as soon as we have an update.

In the meanwhile, should you require assistance regarding any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for choosing PokerStars!

Regards,

PokerStars Support Team

I really do not understand what kind of the investigation could take so long, they put so many money to advertisments and not able to write me one e-mail explaining why it frozen ? I think they are too big and get too many request, so small players simply ignored or at the bottom of line. Hope to get responce till New Year :)
  • 13 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi Lagranzo,

Sorry to read about your current issues with PokerStars.

However, you must bare in mind it is the largest Poker Room in the world at the minute and I am sure they will do their level best to get the root of the problem as soon as they can.

My advice is to stay patient with them and see this out. I understand your frustration with the amount of time it has take thus far, but they will get back to you.

Best wishes and keep us informed,

Gary
    • Lagranzo
      Lagranzo
      Bronze
      Thank you Michelle for your fast reply, but I think they size is not an excuse for them, it's they responsability. I'm patiently waiting 4 weeks already, just to get initial message about the reason only. I even do not ask to resolve it I just asked them to let me know reasons.

I believe they have lost me somethere in they huge database and unable to find me :)
    • Mark1790
      Mark1790
      Gold
      Hi Lagranzo
      I had problems with them but they did get back to me and sort things out.
      They did a fantastic job for me, but there communications are on the poor side.
      Have you any clues or ideas as to why you are locked out?

best of luck
      Mark
    • Lagranzo
      Lagranzo
      Bronze
      Hi Mark,

Thank you for your support, but I think they should write me right away after the account was frozen something like: we are sorry you are on some check or something similar and you will be noticed etc.

Meantime I have to write to support and they just forward further and now it's almost 5 week and still no reasons indicated.

I have some suspicious why this happened as day before for my work I have to check the adwords behavior in other regions as they are turned off for my country and I have used demo version of one program which hides my IP, it uses USA or UK IP and I was used both IP's, but I did turned off it even from background before I have play some with PS and on next day I get frozen account message. So I suspect they have some kind of paranoid software which check something (maybe specific programs installs) and get frozen me automatically, what is why I didn't receive any message and they probably check my logs and didn't find any suspicious, but can't figure out why I'm frozen :)

Any way the most I do not like here they do not come to me and not communicate at all for whole 5 weeks, because if they would say for example wait for 8 weeks and we will get back to you, then I would not complain them and just wait for an answer.

Cheers,
      Lagranzo
    • Mark1790
      Mark1790
      Gold
      Hi Lagranzo
      Read your latest post

"I have some suspicious why this happened as day before for my work I have to check the adwords behavior in other regions as they are turned off for my country and I have used demo version of one program which hides my IP, it uses USA or UK IP"

What country are you from?
      If you are from or have used a proxy server in the US then that may explain why you are frozen.

Good luck
      Mark
    • Lagranzo
      Lagranzo
      Bronze
      No, I'm in Lithuania, I do not know which way VPN or Proxy uses what program, but it was switched off and closed completely before my play. I know PS does not allow US players to play but here would be an oposite situation then I would pretending to be in US :)
    • jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Bronze
      Mine got frozen aswell for forgetting to turn off my VPN which said i was in the US.I didnt play any games either I just forgot to turn off the VPN when I opened stars client.Took about 3 - 4 weeks before my account was unfrozen again but I had to send them proof of address etc.
    • Lagranzo
      Lagranzo
      Bronze
      Hi,

What kind of proof did you send? Passport scan, or something where the living address is mentioned?
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lagranzo
      Hi,

What kind of proof did you send? Passport scan, or something where the living address is mentioned?
      They usually ask for ID copy and a proof of your address, which is utility bill, phone bill, bank statement or anything else with your name and address on it :)
    • Lagranzo
      Lagranzo
      Bronze
      Ok, so the things start to move. This Monday on 5 weeks anniversary of "no response" I have send one more message to support, but this time I have forward only my initial message and this time I have receive from support message it was send to Investigation team (not Relevant Department).
      So finally yesterday I get message from security where they ask to confirm my living address as they think I may play from USA (as I suspected). Thus I have send to them today copy of bill, they verification form and my driver ID and hope this will be resolved soon :) .

In conclusion seems it's better to remind about self, but it's better to send fresh copy or forward initial one as this looks get faster response :) .

Cheers
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      painful story and long weeks of waiting here, have you now managed to fix this problem with Stars support?

Ingrid
    • Lagranzo
      Lagranzo
      Bronze
      Yes, it's finally unfrozen, and even they promise to give an answer within 72 hours it took 5 days (probably due weekend) to tell me what my internet provider bill is not acceptable so I have to send phone bill. Thus after few more days they did unfrozen and no excuses no explanations for such long ignorance.
      Despite most of users like their support but I think it’s too bureaucratic, like government institutions and there are many things to be improved for them. I think they should make local support offices for some regions, something like for West Europe, East Europe or so on.

Any way there is always something good from situation, I have registered into another room and have win 1st place in 1000 USD Pokerstrategy freeroll so making my bankroll a little bit higher :D .
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lagranzo
      Any way there is always something good from situation, I have registered into another room and have win 1st place in 1000 USD Pokerstrategy freeroll so making my bankroll a little bit higher :D .
      Wow, that's excellent, congrats on the tournament win :)

Glad also that everything has worked out with your PokerStars account. You showed great patience in this position and you should be very proud.

Best wishes,
      Gary