New US player and i think i love it here!

• coolpokername
      coolpokername
      Bronze
      I just found this site and it seems pretty good.
      Being in the US can i watch the coaching videos? I have accounts at Stars and Tilt but as you know can't play there X( . Do i need access to the real money side of stars to watch. What about Party Poker? If i download the software will it let me watch
  • 4 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hi there, coolpokername!

Our live coachings are normally done over join.me which allows you to open a display of the coaches desktop in your browser, so you would not need to use the pokerclient for the site it's being done on.

You would unfortunately not be able to watch games on PartyPoker as far as I am aware through the client, but as mentioned above, it shouldn't be needed.

Regards,
      Richard
    • coolpokername
      coolpokername
      Bronze
      Sorry if I was not clear. I mean the live coaching sessions you have on party poker and poker stars.

The video that shows how to access the live coaching sessions says i have to download the poker room software.

Also, if i can't watch live, are these sessions recorded so i can watch later
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hey there coolpokername,

a warm welcome to our forums! :D

you are right, previously that was how coachings were conducted (railing the coach from the installed poker room software on your own pc used to be the most popular method) but many of the coachings have evolved since then. like fruktpuff explained, many now use the join.me method where you only need your web browser to watch the coach (plus click "Tune in" on the home page). they are generally not recorded because it is very interactive. might not make sense for example if you did not see the questions that the students are asking, only hearing the answers out of context.

here's a suggestion, why dont you try joining thr next basic coaching and see how you like it?

also, wanted to share that coaches not only do live plays during those sessions. sometimes they do hand reviews and sometimes even do theoretical discussions. it is up to them how the session is conducted, also taking into account requests of the members :)

if you have any more questions about this, dont hesitate to let us know.

smiles,
      wendy
    • MarkQuick
      MarkQuick
      Bronze
      Originally posted by coolpokername
      I just found this site and it seems pretty good.
      Being in the US can i watch the coaching videos? I have accounts at Stars and Tilt but as you know can't play there X( . Do i need access to the real money side of stars to watch. What about Party Poker? If i download the software will it let me watch
      Hey coolpokername,

Hows it going?

I've sent you a customer service ticket with further details regarding our live coaching sessions. To view your ticket please click here.

Happy grinding and if you need anything else just give a shout ;)