This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] $50NL SH Deep - KK

• Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $50.20
      BU (Hero):
      $157.75
      SB:
      $50.00
      BB:
      $125.00
      MP2:
      $39.45
      MP3:
      $89.30

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, K.
      MP2 raises to $2.00, MP3 calls $2.00, CO folds, Hero raises to $9.00, SB folds, BB raises to $26.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $17.75.

Flop: ($57.75) 3, Q, 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $18.50, Hero calls $18.50.

Turn: ($94.75) 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($94.75) K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $32.00, BB calls $32.00.

Final Pot: $158.75.

I didn't use a HUD when I played this hand but hand marked villain down as a solid reg. It can be mentioned that open raiser MP2 is marked down as wild spewmonkey.

Preflop I put villain on either AA or AK/Ax 4bet bluff seeing as my hand can look like a standard squeeze. I don't think he would 4bet QQ this deep.

I have already ruled out QQ for the most part so I think a set is highly unlikely. His cbet is either AA or a bluff. On the turn I see absolutely no point in betting as no worse will call and if he has a bluff I think he will have pretty much given up by now. River is nice and he checks. I don't think he will even put me on AK, I do think he has a hud running showing TAGish stats on me and he would probably never put me on AK river. Most bluffs are going to have given up by now so I think he "always" have AA and sometimes AK if he does anything but folding, the question becomes what to bet. Personally I think getting more than 1/3 pot is difficult. It also makes it very hard for him to fold even if he puts me on a very narrow range.

I know that I would never have AK in this spot, and he pointed out in the chat box too that he didn't think so either. I tried to play dumb as well in the chatbox saying "thought you had worse" just to get some idea, I still don't know if he would call a shove with AA or even AK. I think I would vomit, tank for 60 seconds, break something and then fold to a shove but still be unable to fold to a 1/3 bet...
  • 3 replies