sit n go...pro!

• dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Ok so i woke up today, sorta hungover but feeling quite good. Had a decent night last night, only pulled once but the randomness of it was good enough. I was out for halloween and kinda loved it, drinking double vodkas all night, was in such a state and to top it all off they were giving free chicken soup outside the club so all was good.

One problem though is my poker. The thing is, i have played this game probably everyday for the last 6 months. I actually dont remember a day when i havent played. Now people will say i have a problem, even with gambling, but the thing is i dont really gamble. Some days i play for hours, 6 tabling tourneys or playing sng's, other days i play 2 or 3 heads up games and then im done. I never really lose money, but i dont win great amounts either, think i've made around $1000 in the last 3 months which is pretty poor.

Anyway i woke up today with the feeling that poker will only ever be a hobby for me, i have $30 in my account and im going to see how far it goes. First of all, no point grinding sngs.....been there, done it, dont see how anyone can make consistent profit without running great. Same for cash games, think i played 5k hands of nl2 last week only to breakeven. I mean if im not winning at nl2 what hope do i have?....

So big decision on where to put my money then...not really. Im going to play Heads up sngs sticking to a 10buyin rule. I will probably go broke but sure worth the risk. Starting on $3.50 turbo's so hope i play lots of fishes.

Only going to post results after this and maybe throw in a few tunes im listening to atm.

Anyway good luck all,

Kicking it off with a tune from last night!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c84wvhDkK0A
  • 16 replies
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Ran like shit and not played at all coz of drinking needs...

Played: 8
      Won: 2
      Lost: 6!!!

Moving down to $1.50 now but i crush them so no probs.
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Played 7
      Won: 5
      Lost:2

The ones i lost i ran so bad...players getting the best of it everytime, I hate hte luck aspect of poker,., im not a calling station but i guess if you are, ur gonna get rewarded so much more. 20% is the nuts in this game!!!
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      went broke lol...looks like ive to start from scratch, got like 240 fpps
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Ok so i went broke...10 buyin rule would never work...plus i went to 0.25/0.50 cap tables and got coolered 3 times which lost my bankroll..,. Its ok i've lost it a few times and always came back, it just means i have to grind freerolls for a while which is ok.

I guess bankroll management is the most important thing in poker no matter what. I think 30 buyins for any stake has to be the minimum without doubt. So im gonna grind freerolls until i get at least 0.25c and can enter the 45 man sngs. I wont have brm there just hoping to cash and build a bankroll upto $15.,., from there its $0.50 45 man sngs until i get to $45 then i can play $1.50 HU. From there i dont know where to go next, Cash isnt really an option for me, i just dont have any long term success in cash games. So it will be a form of sng. Maybe just play a mix of HU and $1.50 18 man sngs until i reach $105.

Thats where it gets tricky I find $3.50 across all sngs types can be quite tricky. lots of regs and u really need to be lucky to get a few tables with fish to make them profitable. But i'll cross that bridge when i come to it..

Anyway heres another track im in love with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eChdxmjHoMw&ob=av2e

p.s does anyone know how to include the image with the track??
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Went to everest, found a few $$ so playing on that trying to build something...gonna stick to omaha cash as these guys are silly.
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Everest is poor!! so deposited $10 into stars and have run well, binked a $3 heads up tourney for $90 so im at $100...now i just need to maintain this start and build on something.. Probz gna play 45 man $1.50's.

Also worked out today how to have a dual moniter going so i can play 12 tables at once. this will bring up volume and hopefully reduce variance.

On Heads up tourney, i played, i think quite well and i also won every race so i was happy enough with the win. It was also apart of a sick promo on pokernews and as i declared a wildcard for that event meaning i earn double points, the win boosted me to the top of the leaderboard with 5 events remaining. I dont think i will be caught as top 27 qualify for a $9000 freeroll on 21st december so im looking forward to a christmas income :)

Thats all for now!

Have to share this tune, avicii is my hero at the moment :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8vWH5GxAWM

Avicii - ID2 (New Track Preview HQ)
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Been playing $1.50 18 mans on stars, played 120 so far and im up 30 buyins.

Bankroll sits at $145 so im gonna keep grinding until i get to $225 then i'll take a shot at $3.50 for a set of 12. if i lose more than the 12 buyins i'll move down or keep trying to establish myself at them. been running good and also i think i've improved a lot, been more aggressive on the bubble which has turned games which i look to lose into winning ones.

Gonna post a graph to show my progress:

This is my overall graph but line shows where my last 120 games at $1.50s
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      So im sticking with 18 player turbos $1.50s

Going to play 60 per day and hopefully 300 per week. At this rate if i run good i should be at $3.50 in 2-3 weeks maybe less if i run like god. i seem to be crushing quite a bit so i dont feel the need to work on my game just yet. Its good enough for $1.50 but may need to alter it when i move up.

few goals for last 3 weeks of month.

1. Play at least 900
      2. Reach $3.50s
      3. Find motivation to put in high volume.
      4. Take part in the Colin Moshman coaching.
    • palante88
      palante88
      Bronze
      I sent u invitation.

I would like to discuss with u about this turbo SNG ... I'll pm u after ur acceptation.
    • Skruve04
      Skruve04
      Bronze
      Nice graph. Keep crushing..
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Played my 60 sngs today, ended up +23 buyins so my bankroll is at $185. I didnt expect it to be so high so i might be able to reach the $3.50s by the end of the week. I will start them when my bankroll reaches $235 so that i have 2 shots with 12 games each time. leaving me with $150 if all goes wrong.

@palante88: i'll talk with u anytime. I may not be of much help, i could just be running good but sharing strategy with someone who is playing the same game might be helpful for both of us.
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Ok after 60 sngs today my br sits at $218 so up 22 buyins. Pleased with my play, got particularly unlucky with my braodway aces getting sucked out on by ace-rags but im still in profit.

Been reading ''treat your poker like a business'', and im rethinking on taking the shot to $3.50 when my br's at $235, maybe just stick with these until i get to $350 which may only take 2 weeks. That way i'll probz have around 750 games playedand have a good look at where my game is at. Also getting to $350 will make me comfortable at the $3.50s with 100 buyins so thats what im gonna do.
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      So ended up quite sick in the second part of the week. stupid winter!!

volume was very reduced. I checked my weekly stats on topshark, i've played 188 games with a 39% roi which i think is pretty great, Made $110 altogether but i had to withdraw to cover monthly bills coming next week so i gave myself $150 to work with, played 2 sets last night and its at $160.

Serious grinding starts this week!! no excuses now, will update anything major. Updated graph, still looking good!!

• dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Been breakeven for last 100 games and it just annoys me, right after i cashout my form just goes to shit. Im not saying its fixed its just it helps reinforce the belief that it could be.

Considering getting holdem manager as i think i need it, but im only gonna use money i gain from poker. I have $77 as i had to withdraw yet again and being breakeven doesnt help. Im not withdrawing anymore tho so with 50 buyins i hope to build it upto $230 then i can buy holdem manager before attempting to build the bankroll for the $3.50's.

I think im improving around the bubble, its just the early stages where for the last 100 games i have been getting nothing. That forces me to shove light when the blinds increase to 10 bbs then i get knocked out. I dont think i've came from behind to win a hand when all in, in the last 50 tourneys and my better hands arent holding up either.

Volume wise im finding it hard to get 60 tourneys a day. Doing this would take 6 hours as each set lasts around 1 hour 10 mins. And 6 hours a day is hard.

Gl at the tables
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Got really sick of 18 mans.,., ran breakeven so i've been playing 6-max hyper turbos with decent success, plus i can put in huge volume so im doing well...

Update of graph below:

As you can see graph is looking better every week. My main problem lately has been bills coming through. My internet and phone bill came in last week so i had to cashout which is stopping my progress to the $3.50s. I know i am ready for them i just need to focus and try not to cashout, if it means staying in for 2 weekends then i might have to.

Also with christmas coming up i will need cash to buy presents for close family so i feel another cashout coming :/

I suppose a stake would be great but fat chance of that happening.

I qualified for a $10k tourney 27 max on 21st of december so if i get i good finish in that will have the bankroll for the $3.50s maybe even higher.

guess thats all i have to post, GL at the tables all!!!
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      I got holdem manager2 midway through the week so i could track my performance better.

Ended up playing 500 games and im top50 in the sng high orbit leaderboard, though i may have to get lucky to cash as lots of people play sngs at the weekend. My graph is looking good and i seem to be running good too. Im generally pleased with how things are going.

If i have another week like this i may have to go back to 18 mans if i have the bankroll for $3.50s.

Graph below:

good luck everyone, may you run as good as me ;)