This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 10: Turn draws

• Jumbles
      Jumbles
      Bronze
      Interested to hear your thoughts on this one. Felt a bit odd playing it.

Villains a nitty player.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed)

MP2 ($5.34)
      MP3 ($11.58)
      Hero ($10.00)
      Button ($20.90)
      SB ($12.12)
      BB ($1.84)
      UTG ($2.17)
      UTG+1 ($4.99)
      MP1 ($8.89)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4[:club:] , 5[:club:] .
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.10, Button calls $0.10, 1 fold, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.45) 8[:club:] , Q[:club:] , 3[:diamond:] (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG+1 bets $0.1, Hero calls $0.10, Button raises to $0.4, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.65) 6[:heart:] (3 players)
      UTG+1 bets $0.1, Hero calls $0.10, Button raises to $1, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $0.90.

River: ($3.75) 2[:spade:] (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.9, Button calls $2.90.

Final Pot: $9.55
  • 5 replies
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      reraise turn
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Why so passive dude? I'd raise PF... but I'm crazy :D and the table was probably not tight enough for a proffitable raise PF, so just calling is fine.

But on the flop you're too passive IMO. You don't have a very good flush draw, but a raise here may "force" better FD or even better hands to fold.

I'd continue the aggression on the turn as it gives me more outs, and valuebet the river.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      You certainly could reraise preflop here, if you want to play sc from late position against one limper, but, an occasional call on a passive table is ok too.

Flop seems ok to me. A weak draw, so limping and calling the small raise is all ok.

Turn, though, now the draw is FD + Double gutshot. I'd maybe call the first limp, but semibluff reraise hard after the raise, and go broke with this draw if I didn't take it down straight away. Villain may or may not have a better flush draw, but your straight outs definitely compensate here. It seems he is trying to defend against the flush, and taking the pot with a draw is certainly a win.

EDIT: Not even double gutshot, just OESD. :)
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Preflop: raising is an option.
      Postflop: I like the line: you get odds to call. A reraise is also an option, but it only makes sense if you have fold equity. Villain's line looks to me like he won't fold - but if you think there is a good chance he will fold, reraising is fine.
    • Jumbles
      Jumbles
      Bronze
      I appreciate the comments. Being aggressive with big draws is definitely something I have to work at.

At the time, UTG's nonsense did seem to make Villain look strong. Certainly, his language was strong in the chatbox afterwards :D