[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR AKo in the CO

• clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      What do we think about his donk bet and then his overbet on the turn?. should I have reraised on the flop? If he had a set of jacks or nines would he really play it like this?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $28.83
      Hero:
      $10

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , K:spade:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.65, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.45.

Flop: ($1.45) A:heart: , J:spade: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1.1, Hero calls $1.10.

Turn: ($3.65) 4:club: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $5.1, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.65
  • 2 replies
    • Echoes88
      Echoes88
      Bronze
      Hi!

Most players tend to overslowplay their nuts. So I guess it could have been a draw or a combo draw or someting like that. Since you did not put a lot of money in to the pot its a matter of how much you like variance:) .

I just noticed it's a 3bet pot, so his range is different a little bit, only hands that can possibly beat you are JJ and AJ which have few combinations.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello clandestineAl,

Well, kinda cruel spot but I guess you made a safe fold. Obviously we could be ahead but there ain't gonna be a lot worse hands which are betting like that. Nice hand! Sometimes it's safer to fold the hand and avoid any variance type of spots.

Best Regards.