$2.07
      BB (Hero):
      $2.00
      UTG1:
      $1.00
      UTG2:
      $1.92

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A.
      7 folds, SB raises to $0.08, Hero calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.16) T, K, 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.4) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28.

River: ($0.96) 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.69, Hero calls $0.69.

Final Pot: $2.34.
      Results follow:

SB shows a pair of jacks(J J).
      Hero shows a pair of kings(K A).

Hero wins with a pair of kings(K A).

The main question here, is does we 3Bet him on the PF, and if we get RR we fold or call, I dont feel like its right to shove with AK. But as plaid, I felt that I am beaten, but dont know way I called.. Is the RR on the flop good option here ?
  • 4 replies
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Will give my 2 cents.

Preflop imo should be a 3-bet as we are oop postflop.

Postflop i think you should raise to ~0.4, to protect your hand and give him bad odds for any straight or diamond draw.

If raised flop and he bets turn probs just ship it.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by keoghh

Preflop imo should be a 3-bet as we are oop postflop.

We are actually IP post flop since it is SB vs BB.

I still think it is a standard 3-bet for value. SB vs BB opening range is so wide here and we arent trapping with AK preflop vs a random hand are we?

If he 4-bets us I would probably just shove it in unless I have some stats that suggest otherwise. I would give most people TT+ and AQ+ and I think we might even have some fold equity vs some of his pairs.

As Played:
      Flop:
      I wouldnt raise the flop. You will isolate against better hands and might induce a semibluff shove, and you of course cant call a shove.

Turn:
      It's probably fine to just call again. Alternatively, You might consider making a small raise for free showdown and to protect against a flush draw but I dont think it is really necessary.

As played:
      River:
      I think it's close, but I suppose for given odds it wont be a big mistake to call.
      What kind of hand do you think he has when he bets again on the river?
    • Echoes88
      Echoes88
      Bronze
      Hi!

In bvb situation i'd 3bet him. On a board like this, Calldown is ok, but since he has looser range here than from other positions, and your hand seems much weaker than it really is, raising on the flop and broke shouldn't be a problem. There are draws out there as well.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello moneymakerzzz,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: Good spot even to 3bet for value. :) Our hand is strong enough. Most likely I'd even consider going broke depending on the opponent of course.

As played
      Postflop: Kinda cruel that he 3barrel here. Hard to fold it on river while we even called on turn, not much didn't change either on river, not that many combos did complete. So if I'd Call the turn, most likely Call also the river while he could easily even have worse Kx hands.

Best Regards.