This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Tempesting PLO50!

• Tempest4
      Tempest4
      Bronze
      Tempest

n.
      1. A violent windstorm, frequently accompanied by rain, snow, or hail.
      2. Furious agitation, commotion, or tumult; an uproar: "The tempest in my mind/Doth from my senses take all feeling" (Shakespeare).

tr.v. tem·pest·ed, tem·pest·ing, tem·pests
      To cause a tempest around or in.

Idiom:
      tempest in a teacup/teapot
      A great disturbance or uproar over a matter of little or no importance.
      [Middle English, from Old French tempeste, from Vulgar Latin *tempesta, variant of Latin tempests, from tempus, time.]

Hey Everyone, I have been playing some time already and stumbled upon this website. I think the community is great so I want to contribute by blogging about my PLO adventure.

I actually never touched Hold'em except during some live plays here in the UK with friends. nothing big, a couple of pennies etc. I actually find Hold'em boring now when I started playing PLO on the microstakes. I deposited 10 quid, lost it on PLO10 so definitely bankrollmanagement sucks

That was like 2 months ago and slowly but steady I grinded my way up to 50PLO now which is kind of new to me.

I play on the Boyle and Bet365 through Pokerstrategy, only my eyes do not like green like on bet365 lol

In this blog I hope to give some entertainment hands from both myself and my opponents. I hope to learn a lot !

David // Tempest
  • 2 replies
    • Tempest4
      Tempest4
      Bronze
      30st of October
      First day on 50PLO!

guess it is a bank holiday tomorrow so it will be until tuesday that I can post pictures because of my status apparantly :P

On a normal sunday, I ofcourse chilled out a bit in the afternoon but I quickly logged a session. Mostly I cannot play more than 100 minutes and more than 5 tables is just killing my concentration.

I still have couple of spots where I am lost and I quickly saw that in my first session. The money didn't mattered at all so that's great in a swingy game like Pot limit omaha :P

Some Funny hands:

Double suited AA vs each other :f_cry:
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      PL Omaha $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($72.56)
      Hero ($52.07)
      UTG ($51.55)
      UTG+1 ($59.05)
      CO ($73.88)
      BTN ($50)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: A:club: 9:heart: 4:club:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $1.50, CO raises to $5.25, fold, fold, Hero raises to $17, fold, CO raises to $52.75, Hero calls $35.07 (AI)

FLOP ($105) 6:diamond: 8:spade: 2:spade:

TURN ($105) 6:diamond: 8:spade: 2:spade: K:diamond:

RIVER ($105) 6:diamond: 8:spade: 2:spade: K:diamond: 4:diamond:

CO shows T:diamond: A:diamond: A:spade: 4:spade:
      (Pre 52%, Flop 72.4%, Turn 72.5%)

Hero shows A:heart: A:club: 9:heart: 4:club:
      (Pre 48%, Flop 27.6%, Turn 27.5%)

CO wins $102

--

Looking back at my equity here, I should n't be in the hand but the player was a big big bad player who was just donating stacks ;(

SB ($50)
      BB ($50)
      UTG ($63.81)
      CO ($201)
      Hero ($52.48)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: T:spade: 9:spade: 9:diamond:

UTG raises to $1.75, CO raises to $6, Hero calls $6, fold, fold, UTG calls $4.25

FLOP ($18.75) 6:diamond: 3:diamond: Q:heart:

UTG checks, CO bets $18.75, Hero raises to $46.48 (AI), UTG raises to $57.81 (AI), CO calls $39.06

TURN ($180) 6:diamond: 3:diamond: Q:heart: 7:heart:

RIVER ($180) 6:diamond: 3:diamond: Q:heart: 7:heart: T:diamond:

CO shows J:diamond: 4:spade: 2:spade: K:diamond:
      (Pre 33%, Flop 37.5%, Turn 25.0%)

Hero shows Q:diamond: T:spade: 9:spade: 9:diamond:
      (Pre 39%, Flop 11.8%, Turn 13.9%)

UTG shows 3:heart: T:club: 3:club: Q:spade:
      (Pre 27%, Flop 50.7%, Turn 61.1%)

CO wins $177

--

My first session I was down 2 stacks but the 2nd session I made 4.5 stacks. I really was dissapointed in myself in some situations which means I easily could have ended the day with $200 :f_cool: Better luck next time!

I also studied some theory (articles & videos). I still have some problems with playing AA** so I keep focusing on that. With a slow software and only 4-5 tabling, I force myself to play 3-4 hours at the very least

oha nd I found this magnificent tune, I think loads of people already know it but if I was a DJ, I would play this in every set from now on!

See you!
      David
    • Tempest4
      Tempest4
      Bronze
      31st of October
      Lazy!

It was a bank holiday here so no lectures ;) So I promised myself to be fully devoted as in studying 2 hours and playing 3 hours. Turns out I kinda failed at both!

Instead I chatted with a friend and worked out abit. I think have some strain on a muscle but let's see that tomorrow :)

I played 1 session on PLO50, I PTR'ed some players I thought were half-decent but oh man they are losing! :f_cool:

I lost $20 in the end, mainly due non showdown aka I still have no clue about certain spots but I guess that will be allright

Some funky hands I am not sure if played it well:
      SB ($10.08)
      Hero ($53.54)
      UTG ($63.63)
      CO ($49.46)
      BTN ($106)

Dealt to Hero 4:diamond: 3:spade: Q:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $1.50, SB calls $1.25, Hero raises to $6, BTN calls $4.50, fold

FLOP ($13.50) 7:diamond: Q:club: J:club:

Hero bets $9.50, BTN calls $9.50

TURN ($32.50) 7:diamond: Q:club: J:club: K:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $32.50, Hero raises to $38.04 (AI), BTN calls $5.54

RIVER ($108) 7:diamond: Q:club: J:club: K:heart: 2:heart:

BTN shows A:diamond: 4:spade: K:diamond: J:spade:
      (Pre 48%, Flop 17.8%, Turn 15.0%)

Hero shows 4:diamond: 3:spade: Q:spade: Q:diamond:
      (Pre 52%, Flop 82.2%, Turn 85.0%)

Hero wins $105

BTN is a reg and I thought I had tremendous fold equity because of BTN fearing the SB to shove it in and me 5betting his deadmoney

The Turn I was like 'hmpf I don't beat KK'' but anything half decent would get it in on the Flop I guess so I shoved

-

SB ($61.42)
      BB ($53.15)
      CO ($50.10)
      Hero ($81.03)

Dealt to Hero K:club: 4:spade: A:heart: A:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $1.50, SB calls $1.25, fold

FLOP ($3.50) 4:club: K:heart: 3:heart:

SB bets $3.50, Hero raises to $14, SB calls $10.50

TURN ($31.50) 4:club: K:heart: 3:heart: 6:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($31.50) 4:club: K:heart: 3:heart: 6:heart: 7:club:

SB bets $23.62, Hero folds

SB wins $29.93

Argh I hit myself for not betting the Turn with 2pair+Nutflush block versus this 60/x fishy player :f_mad: :f_mad:

Next time I will be more disciplined!