Tempesting PLO50!

• Tempest4
      Tempest4
      Bronze
      Tempest

n.
      1. A violent windstorm, frequently accompanied by rain, snow, or hail.
      2. Furious agitation, commotion, or tumult; an uproar: "The tempest in my mind/Doth from my senses take all feeling" (Shakespeare).

tr.v. tem·pest·ed, tem·pest·ing, tem·pests
      To cause a tempest around or in.

Idiom:
      tempest in a teacup/teapot
      A great disturbance or uproar over a matter of little or no importance.
      [Middle English, from Old French tempeste, from Vulgar Latin *tempesta, variant of Latin tempests, from tempus, time.]

Hey Everyone, I have been playing some time already and stumbled upon this website. I think the community is great so I want to contribute by blogging about my PLO adventure.

I actually never touched Hold'em except during some live plays here in the UK with friends. nothing big, a couple of pennies etc. I actually find Hold'em boring now when I started playing PLO on the microstakes. I deposited 10 quid, lost it on PLO10 so definitely bankrollmanagement sucks

That was like 2 months ago and slowly but steady I grinded my way up to 50PLO now which is kind of new to me.

I play on the Boyle and Bet365 through Pokerstrategy, only my eyes do not like green like on bet365 lol

In this blog I hope to give some entertainment hands from both myself and my opponents. I hope to learn a lot !

David // Tempest
  • 2 replies
    • Tempest4
      Tempest4
      Bronze
      30st of October
      First day on 50PLO!

guess it is a bank holiday tomorrow so it will be until tuesday that I can post pictures because of my status apparantly :P

On a normal sunday, I ofcourse chilled out a bit in the afternoon but I quickly logged a session. Mostly I cannot play more than 100 minutes and more than 5 tables is just killing my concentration.

I still have couple of spots where I am lost and I quickly saw that in my first session. The money didn't mattered at all so that's great in a swingy game like Pot limit omaha :P

Some Funny hands:

Double suited AA vs each other :f_cry:
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      PL Omaha $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($72.56)
      Hero ($52.07)
      UTG ($51.55)
      UTG+1 ($59.05)
      CO ($73.88)
      BTN ($50)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: A:club: 9:heart: 4:club:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $1.50, CO raises to $5.25, fold, fold, Hero raises to $17, fold, CO raises to $52.75, Hero calls $35.07 (AI)

FLOP ($105) 6:diamond: 8:spade: 2:spade:

TURN ($105) 6:diamond: 8:spade: 2:spade: K:diamond:

RIVER ($105) 6:diamond: 8:spade: 2:spade: K:diamond: 4:diamond:

CO shows T:diamond: A:diamond: A:spade: 4:spade:
      (Pre 52%, Flop 72.4%, Turn 72.5%)

Hero shows A:heart: A:club: 9:heart: 4:club:
      (Pre 48%, Flop 27.6%, Turn 27.5%)

CO wins $102

--

Looking back at my equity here, I should n't be in the hand but the player was a big big bad player who was just donating stacks ;(

SB ($50)
      BB ($50)
      UTG ($63.81)
      CO ($201)
      Hero ($52.48)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: T:spade: 9:spade: 9:diamond:

UTG raises to $1.75, CO raises to $6, Hero calls $6, fold, fold, UTG calls $4.25

FLOP ($18.75) 6:diamond: 3:diamond: Q:heart:

UTG checks, CO bets $18.75, Hero raises to $46.48 (AI), UTG raises to $57.81 (AI), CO calls $39.06

TURN ($180) 6:diamond: 3:diamond: Q:heart: 7:heart:

RIVER ($180) 6:diamond: 3:diamond: Q:heart: 7:heart: T:diamond:

CO shows J:diamond: 4:spade: 2:spade: K:diamond:
      (Pre 33%, Flop 37.5%, Turn 25.0%)

Hero shows Q:diamond: T:spade: 9:spade: 9:diamond:
      (Pre 39%, Flop 11.8%, Turn 13.9%)

UTG shows 3:heart: T:club: 3:club: Q:spade:
      (Pre 27%, Flop 50.7%, Turn 61.1%)

CO wins $177

--

My first session I was down 2 stacks but the 2nd session I made 4.5 stacks. I really was dissapointed in myself in some situations which means I easily could have ended the day with $200 :f_cool: Better luck next time!

I also studied some theory (articles & videos). I still have some problems with playing AA** so I keep focusing on that. With a slow software and only 4-5 tabling, I force myself to play 3-4 hours at the very least

oha nd I found this magnificent tune, I think loads of people already know it but if I was a DJ, I would play this in every set from now on!

See you!
      David
    • Tempest4
      Tempest4
      Bronze
      31st of October
      Lazy!

It was a bank holiday here so no lectures ;) So I promised myself to be fully devoted as in studying 2 hours and playing 3 hours. Turns out I kinda failed at both!

Instead I chatted with a friend and worked out abit. I think have some strain on a muscle but let's see that tomorrow :)

I played 1 session on PLO50, I PTR'ed some players I thought were half-decent but oh man they are losing! :f_cool:

I lost $20 in the end, mainly due non showdown aka I still have no clue about certain spots but I guess that will be allright

Some funky hands I am not sure if played it well:
      SB ($10.08)
      Hero ($53.54)
      UTG ($63.63)
      CO ($49.46)
      BTN ($106)

Dealt to Hero 4:diamond: 3:spade: Q:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $1.50, SB calls $1.25, Hero raises to $6, BTN calls $4.50, fold

FLOP ($13.50) 7:diamond: Q:club: J:club:

Hero bets $9.50, BTN calls $9.50

TURN ($32.50) 7:diamond: Q:club: J:club: K:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $32.50, Hero raises to $38.04 (AI), BTN calls $5.54

RIVER ($108) 7:diamond: Q:club: J:club: K:heart: 2:heart:

BTN shows A:diamond: 4:spade: K:diamond: J:spade:
      (Pre 48%, Flop 17.8%, Turn 15.0%)

Hero shows 4:diamond: 3:spade: Q:spade: Q:diamond:
      (Pre 52%, Flop 82.2%, Turn 85.0%)

Hero wins $105

BTN is a reg and I thought I had tremendous fold equity because of BTN fearing the SB to shove it in and me 5betting his deadmoney

The Turn I was like 'hmpf I don't beat KK'' but anything half decent would get it in on the Flop I guess so I shoved

-

SB ($61.42)
      BB ($53.15)
      CO ($50.10)
      Hero ($81.03)

Dealt to Hero K:club: 4:spade: A:heart: A:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $1.50, SB calls $1.25, fold

FLOP ($3.50) 4:club: K:heart: 3:heart:

SB bets $3.50, Hero raises to $14, SB calls $10.50

TURN ($31.50) 4:club: K:heart: 3:heart: 6:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($31.50) 4:club: K:heart: 3:heart: 6:heart: 7:club:

SB bets $23.62, Hero folds

SB wins $29.93

Argh I hit myself for not betting the Turn with 2pair+Nutflush block versus this 60/x fishy player :f_mad: :f_mad:

Next time I will be more disciplined!