This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 AQs

• keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $0.42
      CO:
      $2
      Hero:
      $2.4

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , Q:club:
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO raises to $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.25) Q:spade: , T:spade: , 8:club: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.61) A:diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.43, Hero raises to $2.12 (All-In), CO calls $1.29 (All-In).

River: ($4.45) K:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.45

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows a straight, ace high (Ah Jc)
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and queens (Ac Qc)

CO wins with a straight, ace high (Ah Jc)

First off any argument for 3-betting preflop?

Then is my flop play ok? Looking back im thinkin i should of raised flop to protect and to get value from busted draws?

Turn i decide i dont want any ugly cards on the river, so decide to ship it, river = fml.
  • 2 replies
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      I would 3bet pre here all of the time, you have position and a hand that is doing well against his raising range, on top of the fact you will probably get called by worse quite often. Rest of the hand I agree with, he would be happy to pay you off with worse aces (AJ/AT/AK/A8, maybe others, player dependant) and hands like QT, maybe QJ or KQ. River is just shit luck.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello keoghh,

Nah, with the position your play is totally fine and I would have played the same way. Nice hand! Of course we could talk about 3betting but then we practically have to 3bet/Fold since our hand ain't gonna be very strong vs his 4bet range.

Best Regards.