UTG+1 antes $0.02
      UTG+2 antes $0.02
      MP1 antes $0.02
      MP2 antes $0.02
      CO antes $0.02
      Hero antes $0.02
      SB antes $0.02

Dealt to Hero 5:club: 7:club:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.30, fold, MP1 calls $0.30, fold, CO calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, fold, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($1.73) T:club: Q:club: 7:diamond:

BB checks, UTG+1 bets $1, MP1 calls $1, CO calls $1, Hero raises to $9.80 (AI)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello random3,

Against strong made hands your equity ain't gonna be very good. Most likely I'd just take the implied odds and Call. We can't even be sure that we have against loose players any fold equity and obviously could even be against sets. Since better 2pairs are possible and the only outs for us are going to be FD ones and maybe at the best trips, 2pairs don't count that much since it will be low 2pairs.

Although even playing such a hand is really close, since you will never know where you even stand with your 7high flush. Often times people even overplay their pairs or any kind of 2pair type of holding.

Best Regards.
    • random3
      random3
      Bronze
      7high flushdraw was the main reason why I decided to raise, I didnt want to just give possibly higher flushdraws great odds to call. And I could get in a tough spot if flush hits on the turn and one of the fish gets aggresive.

Btw we are on the button,so this was not a check/raise. Considering there is $5 already in the pot, if we decide to raise, is anything else than a shove really an option?
      I had 2 fishy players directly to my right and I had position on everyone, thats why I decided to play 57s. But I think you are right I should probably remove some of the lowest 1gappers from my calling range here.

How would you suggest to play bottom or mid set in this spot?

Thanks for comments!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by random3
      7high flushdraw was the main reason why I decided to raise, I didnt want to just give possibly higher flushdraws great odds to call. And I could get in a tough spot if flush hits on the turn and one of the fish gets aggresive.

Btw we are on the button,so this was not a check/raise. Considering there is $5 already in the pot, if we decide to raise, is anything else than a shove really an option?
      I had 2 fishy players directly to my right and I had position on everyone, thats why I decided to play 57s. But I think you are right I should probably remove some of the lowest 1gappers from my calling range here.

How would you suggest to play bottom or mid set in this spot?

Thanks for comments!
      Sets are for us of course going broke. But the question in this spot is if we really should raise with our weak pair+FD in such a multiway pot. :( Against loose players we will rarely have any fold equity anyways.