$2.09
      BU:
      $1.09
      SB:
      $2.06
      BB (Hero):
      $2.86

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 9.
      MP2 raises to $0.06, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.06, BU folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.24) A, 7, J (4 players)
      SB bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24, MP2 calls $0.24, CO folds.

Turn: ($0.96) 6 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.14, Hero calls $0.14, MP2 calls $0.14.

River: ($1.38) A (3 players)
      SB bets $0.34, Hero calls $0.34, MP2 folds.

In this hand, I call out of position pre just because im getting quite good odds for my money, and hope to flop a good draw or a top pair. On the flop, I call the bet as I feel a raise would just isolate myself against much better hands. On the turn I notice the opponent bets such a small fraction of the pot that I feel he is scared of the possible flush, I call just because of the player behind, else I would raise to take it down right here. On the river I make trips, I feel the opponent has A2-AJ or 77 as his range, which I have 45% equity against making the call profitable.

What do you think of my play here, and were my actions correct throughout the entire hand? Should I have folded on an earlier street?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello esuohdla,

Well, what kind of hands do you expect SB to pot bet on flop? He is most likely not having there a lot worse TP type of holdings there. And not that many cards will help us anyways. For that given part we should just fold it on flop. :) Overplayed your TP.

Best Regards.
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      I expected SB to pot bet any ace given the fact it was a multiway pot with possible draws, isnt that correct?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by esuohdla
      I expected SB to pot bet any ace given the fact it was a multiway pot with possible draws, isnt that correct?
      But there ain't gonna be many worse Ax hands in the pot here. :) I wouldn't really risk with it. You didn't even tell anything about the opponent. Plus you are just dragging yourself into problem on turn when he again bets pot.
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Fair point, thanks for the evaluation :)