ChilliCracksIt

• ChilliCracksIt
      ChilliCracksIt
      Bronze
      Hi all. I have been playing for about 5 years. Started playing limit and moved to sit and gos and MTT. Never quite got the hang of NL cash games.

I have read a few books and a few articles on pokerstrategy. I would say I am good player but to be honest I am a losing player because I break the golden rules. Bankroll management, don't post in forums and all that other stuff.

But I am cleaning house and starting again. I have printed out the starting Hand Chart for BSS and ready to learn the right way. What ever it takes. So teach me I am an Open Book.

I have played at all different limits and won alot and lost alot. Since I am making a fresh start I am depositing $50 and starting fresh. Also I will be starting a live cash game bankroll where I will play once a week.

Once a week I also play a live tourney but that is it. NL cash games from now on.

Thanks in advance for your help!
  • 2 replies
    • ChilliCracksIt
      ChilliCracksIt
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      I enjoy the game and the mental stimulation but at the moment I want to make enough money out of poker to quit my job. I have drawn up a bankroll road map from 0.01/0.02 to 2/4. So this is my first goal.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      being aware and reading of other players betting patterns and traps. don't know how to analyze my game. Bankroll but determined to keep it under control.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?ght
      tight = play only profitable starting hands and continue with actual hands
      aggressive = put the pressure on other players by raising and taking the intiative
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

About analyzing the game, I guess I could provide the easiest steps. Take your most winning & loosing hands and then post them and we will analyze them together.

Hopefully you ain't talking about bankroll management. Since if you have problem with it then you should definitely find a way to fix that. You wont be a good poker player if you ain't even able to fix your BRM. The ABC for poker.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course. Some points earned.