Flopping Quads!?!?!?!?!?

• blazerkid57
      blazerkid57
      Global
      I NEVER know how to play this. You have the best hand. You know you have the best hand. And you know most likely no one will suck out on you. My question: How do you extract the most without ANY betting preflop. I was playing earlier and i flopped quad 7s vs a fish and got paid off. But most cases you are not this lucky. Thanks alot!!!!
  • 8 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      wrong forum ;)

It depends a lot on the situation, opponents, and stack and pot sizes.
      For instance if you raised preflop and got only one caller, in most cases just make a standard continuation bet, and hope to get paid off.
      If your opponent leads into you, then you can probably slowplay...but you can't really follow a 'fixed' line, it's very situational.

You might want to have a look at the article on value maximization.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      without any betting preflop i like to bet out pot with my nuts.

this way i overbet the pot early, so my later valuebets do not look as scary.

on the turn, if there are combo draws out there, i like to let them see it cheaply (half pot etc), and obviously hope they hit
    • igel2006
      igel2006
      Bronze
      Do not forget to push (all in) the river. Although it might be an overbet, in most cases it is +EV. Two Pair, Boats, Flushs will call.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I read somewhere that people never fold full houses, and it actually seems true, so pushing is a good option :)
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      I read somewhere that people never fold full houses, and it actually seems true, so pushing is a good option :)
      That's if the board is tripped. In those cases people almost never fold a pair. Then again it depends on the circumstances, and the player...
    • prinstripe
      prinstripe
      Bronze
      I'm SB with TT and the flop is TTx. I slowplay because my opponent is very loose, and I got paid of.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      That's if the board is tripped. In those cases people almost never fold a pair. Then again it depends on the circumstances, and the player...
      I'm not saying you should never fold :P I'm just saying that almost nobody will ever fold a FH because they think a FH is special and they can't lose or something.
    • blazerkid57
      blazerkid57
      Global
      well on that specific hand i had pocket 7s and flop hit so that was a ridic. flop lol and the guy ending up hitting his flush on the river. paid me off nicely