SB: $0.86
      BB: $0.98
      UTG: $2.60
      Hero (MP): $2.33
      CO: $3.19
      BTN: $2.47

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has Q:spade: J:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.06, CO calls $0.06, BTN raises to $0.18, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.12, fold

Flop: ($0.45, 2 players) 7:spade: J:heart: 3:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.26, Hero calls $0.26

Turn: ($0.97, 2 players) 4:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.03 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.89 and is all-in

River: ($4.75, 2 players) T:heart:

Hero shows Q:spade: J:club: (One Pair, Jacks) (PreFlop 44%, Flop 90%, Turn 95%)
      BTN shows T:spade: T:club: (Three of a Kind, Tens) (PreFlop 56%, Flop 10%, Turn 5%)
      BTN wins $4.52

i thought i had him beat all the way >< can't believe about Ten on the turn.

Anything I can do different here? I open QJo because he was becoming very aggresive past few hands opening/3bet really light and then call to showdown against other opponent with low PP and busted draw.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Slurpee,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: Well, I don't like your Call here at first place. Don't Call those 3bets while you don't even have a postflop plan how you gonna overplay him neither that he is 3betting you a lot. You will never know where your hand stands when it hits, neither you will never be able to play the hand just profitable by Calling and hoping for a hit.

As played
      Postflop: Well, obviously his shove on turn doesn't make sense. If he really had a very strong hand then he would most likely bet a normal size not try to gain fold equity. So practically the hand you beat here is some kind of bluff, even TT is rather a bluff, since an overcard is on a board. And if would really depend on the villain, against some we could Call, against some not. For the given shove part I'd even consider Calling as well if I went that far and expect him to be very aggressive.

Best Regards.