Yet another micro stake's blog

• steven5656
      steven5656
      Bronze
      Hey guys,
      I'm a first year student in Glasgow trying to make some cash on the side from poker. :D
      I started playing a year ago shortly after my 18th birthday. It went very well and from the starting bankroll I ran up the limits to nl 25 with a 700$ br. However every time I tried to move up to 25 I would loes half my bank roll in a day . So after the third time of grinding nl 10$ and running terribly at 25 I gave up but left my bankroll because I knew i would be back .

A year later I feel like taking poker far more seriously as possible source of income now that I am a student and living on my own two feet. I've been inspired reading many of the 100+ pages blogs on this site. Having feedback and help from people who are trying to achieve the same thing and have been through seems invaluable. I believe that becoming an active member of this site will be a huge help to me.

Anyway i think I'm getting ahead of my self so here is where i'm currently at:
      br - 400$
      stakes - nl 10 party poker sh

Also if there is any players on similar stakes wanted to do some sweats I would be up for that. :D
  • 3 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey Steven, welcome to our blog section and good luck crushing :)
    • clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      Hey Steven

I'm from Glasgow too. Welcome. I'm playing NL10 FR on stars right now but looking to move up to NL25 in the next couple of weeks. Would be interested to hear what issues you had with NL25 so maybe I can avoid them :)
    • steven5656
      steven5656
      Bronze
      Thanks guys :D

Well last time I played 25 was a year ago and I ran horribly so im probably not the best person to give you advice but i think its probably a good idea to set yourself a stop loss. ( somthing I never did) I think when I lost a couple of buy-ins due to varience I went on a bit of a subconcious tilt and spewed most of my money away. From what I seen though the games still look similar. Still lots of fish ofc :f_love:

I want to get gold on party poker this month playing 10 and if it goes well 25. Thats a couple of hours grinding each day that I think I have time for. At the end of each session im gonna post intresting hands here or in the evaluation forum.