This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 AJ SB vs BB

• adr0001
      adr0001
      Bronze
      Known players:
      UTG+1:
      $9.90
      UTG+2:
      $5.55
      MP1:
      $9.85
      MP2:
      $10.65
      MP3:
      $15.65
      CO:
      $8.30
      Hero:
      $1.90
      SB:
      $4.15
      BB:
      $16.95

Texas Hold'em NL10 (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Ongame Hand Converter v0.2.3 by Life is a Bug.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , J:heart:
      7 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.60) Q:heart: , 9:diamond: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.40) K:spade: (2 players)

What to do here? push or check/fold?
  • 6 replies
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Imo c/f. Any Kx any Qx beats us, any pocket pair if we're not improving.

I put in equilator a range of Kx worse than KQ, Qx worse than KQ pocket pairs lower than JJ.

our equity is lower than 18%. Which hands we would bring to fold with a push if we decide to bet here?

and here I need the help of the judges ;)
      Bronze
      I agree with Gremlin68 about the check/fold.

The basic strategy says - no second barrells. Stick to it because there were nearly no hands that you could possibly beat.

About the ranges - I don't think he could've called pf and flop with Kx or Qx. We can't really say much about him because: a) we have no reads or stats, b) it's low limit table and players playing there are far from being ideal. Still, I always try to assume that unknown oponent is a reasonable oponent and he has us beat at this spot. So check/fold would be suitable.

edit: And one thing about preflop - it's not easy to find perfect amount to bet first in from small blind, but as far as I remember, xylere says it should be more like 5BB than 3BB, because on the flop you are out of position.
    • adr0001
      adr0001
      Bronze
      Thank you for your replies. I check folded here, but I hesitated because it was a blind war. I should have raised more preflop.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Check/fold is fine here. Thank you Gremlin. :)
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 098799
      I agree with Gremlin68 about the check/fold.

edit: And one thing about preflop - it's not easy to find perfect amount to bet first in from small blind, but as far as I remember, xylere says it should be more like 5BB than 3BB, because on the flop you are out of position.
      I'm also using to make a 3BB raise because I do it at steal raises from BU and until now saw it also as a kind of "steal raise" from SB. But playing OOP on the flop demands a higher bet, so I would appreciate if the judges would give some advises on this theme ;) Many thx in advance.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Well, as I told before, I am not sure what amount is the optimal one. Personally, I don`t steal a lot from SB, so mainly i am playing my legitimate hands. Therefore, I raise 4BB, to compensate for my position. Of course, my rare steals are also 4BB. I steal only when BB is very tight and I am sure he won`t be tricky postflop (floting, etc.)