Hello from Down Under

• kolonel71
      kolonel71
      Bronze
      Gday all,

You can guess from the topic where i am from, and was quite surprised how many others on here are "in the area".

I have had a similar poker story like others, through highs and lows, tried this and that, and was really impressed by the overall efforts this site offers. My first night was sitting in on a "free" coaching session for SNG, which was well structured and presented most professionaly.

I originally started my poker career with 9mans a while back now, and have decided that to make a difference, you got to invest in it. After reading through a number of posts, articles and blogs, i have decided to go ahead with some coaching from Jaxtraw @ the 9manT SNG. When we actually get the chance to start (timezone/work variance :s_biggrin: ), i will look forward to giving feedback, and start building a solid game overall.

I will look at blogging it over the time, but just want to get things up and running first, and get my game on the right track.

Look forward to catching up with others too, and work through it so we can all benefit.

kolonel
  • 11 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi kolonel71,

Welcome to the Community!

Yes, we have plenty of your fellow countrymen around here :)

Nice to see you are motivated in improving your game and mindset. Looking forward to seeing a blog when you find the time to get it going.

Best wishes,
      Gary
    • 6MaxGrinder
      6MaxGrinder
      Bronze
      Welcome! :D
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Hi Kolonel71,
      I'm an aussie too, live in Newcastle NSW,, You'll benefit greatly from all the content here no matter what your game.
      Originally I was keen to grow my SnG knowledge here. I did this and found that my game was not suited to it and the adjustment s needed felt awkward, like switching from football to soccer kind of thing.
      I have been focusing solely on NL MSS and love the vides available...
      Played at your local RSL yet... You'll crush it
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Aussie Aussie Aussie.....OI OI OI.

Welcome kolonel71.

Good to see another fellow Aussie about.

First of all.....what NRL team do you go for before we get this started? haha

Goodluck on the SnG journey and look forward to your blogging.

Are you doing the quiz or just going to link an account and deposit?

Regards,

Kyle.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by surfwell1818
      Hi Kolonel71,
      I'm an aussie too, live in Newcastle NSW,, You'll benefit greatly from all the content here no matter what your game.
      Originally I was keen to grow my SnG knowledge here. I did this and found that my game was not suited to it and the adjustment s needed felt awkward, like switching from football to soccer kind of thing.
      I also live in Newcastle :f_o:

If your around the Poker Pub scene you might know me. I work for Aussie Hold'em Poker.
      Kyle...
    • kolonel71
      kolonel71
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      Aussie Aussie Aussie.....OI OI OI.

First of all.....what NRL team do you go for before we get this started? haha

Goodluck on the SnG journey and look forward to your blogging.

Are you doing the quiz or just going to link an account and deposit?

Regards,

Kyle.
      Being from Victoria, i follow the Melbourne Storm. Yes, the team the NRL do not want to win the competition. :D (And its only cheating if you get caught)
    • kolonel71
      kolonel71
      Bronze
      Originally posted by surfwell1818
      Hi Kolonel71,
      LOL, i remember playing one of these at the local (APL i think) when i first started playing poker, had no idea how to play, and still FT. Didnt last long, but didnt enjoy the live play too much as most of them weren't drinking. How can you not drink when you are at a pub ?!?
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Hi Kyle, I don't play the pub scene due to work+family+ online is instant and no travel.I use to play years ago in Sydney thou. It was good fun and met some cool people who were serious about improving their game both live and online.
      The first prize was a $60 voucher for a sea food dinner for 2+ a carton of VB+ a Australian Poker League polo shirt..Pretty cool for a night out.. I won it week 2 & 6 of the 10 week championship.My wife was stoked with all the seafood buffets& me with the beer :P
      Cheers
      Simon
    • kolonel71
      kolonel71
      Bronze
      Started coaching with Peter (Jaxtraw) and subsequently posted in his coaching thread to give people an idea of my thoughts :

JAXTRAW Expert Coaching, 6-man/9-man Sit&Go, all stakes

Looking forward to applying new found knowledge, and to start making some progress in moving up through the stakes. Almost rolled for the $7's, so looking forward to it.

Will post progress in weekly update.
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Good Luck,
      Hope ya smash'em,
      Come On
    • bringmecards
      bringmecards
      Bronze
      gl at the tables and welcome