MP: $10.31
      MP+1: $8.78
      LP: $4.25
      CO: $1.74
      Hero (BTN): $14.46
      SB: $10.54

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 8:club: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.35, fold

Flop: ($0.90, 2 players) A:diamond: 8:heart: T:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, SB calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.30, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      SB bets $2.30, fold

Turn: What do you think about this lay down?
  • 8 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think your hand is too strong to fold against his potsize bet on the turn. There are out two flushdraws, so he can really have quite a lot of draws. Of course J9, KJ, 88/TT and maybe even AQ would beat you, but you should also see players make enough moves on drawy board with worse hands than AT+
      So I´d at least call turn and then consider calling him down on the river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Well, seems to be totally standard. I would also fold there, not that many hands we beat vs his pot size bet even. Most likely it's towards to a very strong hand, not many worse are in his range which is donking like that. Good fold!

Best Regards.
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Lol once coach says call, other says fold?

EDIT: Sorry not trolling, just wondering why you disagree, and is it a very close decision?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by keoghh
      Lol once coach says call, other says fold?
      :] And you may take whichever line you prefer. :D What do you think of that play? How would you have played it?
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Hmm im not really sure tbh, very tricky hand. Me personally i would probably fold, i feel if we call turn we may have to call river if it blanks?

Also i think at the micros people are rarely bluffing and so most of the time we are beat here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hmm im not really sure tbh, very tricky hand. Me personally i would probably fold, i feel if we call turn we may have to call river if it blanks?

Also i think at the micros people are rarely bluffing and so most of the time we are beat here.
      Yep, true. :) I don't like Calling the turn either then laying it down on river. :D No point to Call, what kind of range do you put him on then? To Call the turn and lay it down on river. :)
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Hmm, ill have a stab but not best with ranges. :D

Id say J9,KJ,88/TT as mentioned. Poss AQ.Possibly KhQh? Altho KQs may 3-bet preflop vs raise from button.

If river blanked and he fired again, id say AQ, 88/TT, J9,KJ
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hmm, ill have a stab but not best with ranges. :D

Id say J9,KJ,88/TT as mentioned. Poss AQ.Possibly KhQh? Altho KQs may 3-bet preflop vs raise from button.

If river blanked and he fired again, id say AQ, 88/TT, J9,KJ
      Most likely towards strong made hands, draws he would be play rather passively and not donk like that. Why should he donk with draws for pot size even? He has to be really aggressive opponent or some kind of maniac for that. 2pairs+.