This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Set vs BB on flushy board

• ancha666
      ancha666
      Bronze
      Poker Room skin
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.15/$0.25
      8 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is SB with 8 8
      UTG calls, UTG+1, folds, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB (poster) checks.

Flop: J 8 7 ($1.5, 6 players)
      Hero bets $1.45, BB calls, 4 folds.

Turn: Q ($4.4, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BB is all-in $17.55, Hero ?

I never know what to do in those situations - villain was lose but since his position it's possible that he flopped nuts with T9 but I couldn't fold this...should I (still had some outs)?
  • 3 replies
    • Eclipt
      Eclipt
      Bronze
      I`d never fold a set In this situation. You are too pessimistic. The only hand that beats you is T-9 (I exclude Q-Q, J-J, because he`d raise preflop), and he might have literally any 2 cards and bluffing you out because you showed weakness by checking the turn.
      I`d bet and try to go all-in as fast as possible.

If you called, VNH.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      That Q was useless for him unless he had a gutshot (possible, but unlikely), and he could also have gotten a FD on the turn. He could be holding two pair too.

So I'd play bet/raise (and go broke), by checking you allow him to get a free card if he's drawing.

As played I'd call his push, that Q probably didn't help him beat you and you can't be afraid of T9 here.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I'd bet the turn for value. As played, I instacall.