When does it stop?

• 12 replies
    • topolman
      topolman
      Gold
      I love those graphs with amount in $... It is not really telling anything unless you show graph in BI's and tell us which type of game is it. But I think that it should player like you with platinum status already know :)
      Anyway I wish you GL with overcoming that downswing
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      I didn't come here for any advice i came to moan and it hurts me in $$$ not buy ins...
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      in poker the fun never stops
    • topolman
      topolman
      Gold
      Originally posted by Gerovit
      I didn't come here for any advice i came to moan and it hurts me in $$$ not buy ins...
      Then sorry buddy for interupting... Keep going
      I still hope you turn it around soon
    • ii40747
      ii40747
      Bronze
      Stars ? : ))
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      888?
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      How can you track EV in tourneys?

"If I had not busted that first hand I would have won the whole thing!" - comes to mind...
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      Did you find an answer to when it stops? How many buys below EV is that?

I'm around 60 buy ins below EV over my last 2.5k tourneys. Does anyone actually have a graph where it evens out over a bigger sample? I'm yet to see one.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      You can't answer "When it stops" because the cards have no memory. The RNG isn't suddenly going to flash up when you reach x amount of BI below EV and randomly generate the sentence "Oh shit, he's reached the threshold, i'm going to randomly let him even some of that out now".

The maths of it simply are, if you're meant to win 80% of AA vs KK, then over a large sample you will win 80% of AA vs KK. There is no specified sample size in which this has to happen, it just does.
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      You can't answer "When it stops" because the cards have no memory. The RNG isn't suddenly going to flash up when you reach x amount of BI below EV and randomly generate the sentence "Oh shit, he's reached the threshold, i'm going to randomly let him even some of that out now".

The maths of it simply are, if you're meant to win 80% of AA vs KK, then over a large sample you will win 80% of AA vs KK. There is no specified sample size in which this has to happen, it just does.
      It isn't going to flash!!??? :f_eek:
      Guys from support told me it will flash...

How can you track EV in tourneys?

With HEM :f_confused:

Did you find an answer to when it stops? How many buys below EV is that? I'm around 60 buy ins below EV over my last 2.5k tourneys. Does anyone actually have a graph where it evens out over a bigger sample? I'm yet to see one.

Its 100 bi's below ev... don't worry it will flash :rolleyes:

Then sorry buddy for interupting... Keep going I still hope you turn it around soon

Thx for support, i'm sure it will go up at some point, for now i will continue to moan

I don't play on stars and 888 obv rigged :f_cool:
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      "Oh shit, he's reached the threshold, i'm going to randomly let him even some of that out now".

i came here to see what this thread is about,looked at OP's nasty swing,but then saw this.worth it.

oh yeah,and another thing,gl OP with ironing the dent out.
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      So there are no large sample graphs out there to give us all hope? Just got to keep the faith in MATH :rolleyes: :rage:

Good luck turning it around man!!