[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH KTo

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I was trying out some 3-betting smallish as bluffs IP tonight hoping to take them down postflop if I get called and this is one of the hands that came up.

I think the flop hits his calling range in terms of PP and I dont think he folds any overpairs to the board. I'm open ended and decide to take the dree card on the flop.

On the turn he bets so small and I still have 2 overs and I'm open ended. I feel like he might make this bet as a complete bluff with 2 overs, but also to induce a raise if he has a set. I decide to call because he bets so small and reevaluate on the river.

I make my straight and think that it is so unlikely that he is in a 3-bet pot here with Club combos so make a raise to get value from sets. I think it is possible for him to have JJ here or 99/88/77/66/55. I dont love it when he shoves But I cant ever fold based on my read.

I should probably just be c-betting the flop?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $12.83
      CO:
      $20.03
      Hero:
      $10.75

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:club: , T:heart:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1.00, SB folds, BB calls $0.90, CO folds.

Flop: ($2.35) 9:club: , 8:diamond: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2.35) 5:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.9, Hero calls $0.90.

River: ($4.15) J:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.1, Hero raises to $4.60, BB raises to $10.93 (All-In), Hero calls $4.25 (All-In), BB gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $21.85

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a straight, jack high (Kc Th)
      BB shows (Ks 6s)

Hero wins with a straight, jack high (Kc Th)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Preflop: Well, there are 2 possibilities actually. While we don't even know that much the opponent of course we could take the easier line and just 3bet/Fold and build some kind of image for ourselves. But as well you could even consider Calling but then it might be troublesome postflop. Against some opponents I might even just Call if I expect the opponent to open with a very wide range which might even include worse Kx hands. But obviously folding would be just the safest line. :D

As played
      Postflop: Well, the case here is that the board is just good for a CBet. Would you rather CB and gain some fold equity and also most likely even get a free card for river? Or rather just Check behind and have to Call the turn without maybe even having the implied odds. For that given part I'd just CB the flop. But yeah, as played it's really close but for the given odds we can't really Call, while he might sometimes even overplay some worse hand there.

Best Regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Yeah I'm pretty sure I should c-bet here but I'm not sure what I make fold. I understand that by not betting, I can't even beat any of his overplayed hands on the turn and my equity isn't great. Just getting to grips with post flop play when I 3bet light and get called. Thanks
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      Yeah I'm pretty sure I should c-bet here but I'm not sure what I make fold. I understand that by not betting, I can't even beat any of his overplayed hands on the turn and my equity isn't great. Just getting to grips with post flop play when I 3bet light and get called. Thanks
      The idea ain't only to make better hands to fold but at the same time make any kind of Ax hands to fold and gain free card for river.