This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh Tt

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      On the flop I decide to protect but I realise that my bet is too small multiway and end up with 2 callers,

Flush completes on the turn. Should I be protecting the turn also for free showdown? I decide to check it back for pot control.

When they both check the river I am either in a monster trap here or I have the best hand. I make a small bet expecting to be called by something like A9/K9. Is it okay to play bet-fold on the river?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $9.74
      MP2:
      $22.2
      Hero:
      $10
      BU:
      $13.06

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:diamond: , T:club:
      MP2 raises to $0.40, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.40, BU calls $0.40, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.70) 9:heart: , 7:heart: , 2:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $1, BU folds, SB calls $1.00, MP2 calls $1.00.

Turn: ($4.70) 3:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.70) 5:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $1.8, SB calls $1.80, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $8.30

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of tens (Td Tc)
      SB shows (7s 4s)

Hero wins with a pair of tens (Td Tc)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Nah, some draws completed and we are in multiway pot. Most likely I'd just take a passive line and Check behind. If they don't have a hand they most likely wont bet the river and there we can pick the value-bet from 9x and maybe even worse. Nice hand!

Best Regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Can I call a river bet if one of them leads the river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      Can I call a river bet if one of them leads the river?
      Most likely nope, unless it's really small bet. Doubt that they would bet into multiway pot with a lot worse on such a board with big bet.