[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh Kq

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      This guy was a maniac and I'm not sure why elephant hasnt record stats for him. He was 3-betting every steal from SB or BU so I feel like my hand plays well against his range postflop.

I check and he c-bets which I expect. Is this a good texture to take a checkraise line. I have decent equity and think it is tough for him to call here even with Jx. I also think a lot of his C-bets are air.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11.91
      MP3:
      $20.87

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:diamond: , Q:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.30, MP3 raises to $1.00, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.70.

Flop: ($2.15) J:diamond: , 9:spade: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.2, Hero raises to $6.00, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.55
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Preflop: Well, the problem here is that we are going to play it OOP. Would really good to know more about his tendency about 3betting and overall stats. Might even be safer to fold if we don't have that many hands/information on him.

As played
      Postflop: Well, I don't like that much the Check/Raise size, the problem is that you are kinda committing yourself here. If you are raising this amount then you should most likely also consider going broke with your GS+overcards. Was that your plan? If you had sets, would you Check/Raise that big?

Best Regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I would probably check raise smaller with a set but I want to generate more fold equity. I'm nos ire I can fold if he shoves here though so clearly my sizing isn't very good. He can easily also just call with strong hands and I need to shove the turn with really bad equity. Need to have a rethink about post flop play here and decision to even play preflop. Could I 4-bet fold it pre with blockers?
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      4bet/fold pre would probably be a better line than just calling, but without stats/reads on villain, this is looking like Fancy Play Syndrome to me... personally, considering we have an easily dominated hand and will be OOP, i'd probably just fold and look for a better spot.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      With the blockers most likely it's better to 4bet/Fold than Call the 3bet OOP while even not having much of information on the opponent.