This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh 99

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I feel like I see opponents use this line a lot so gave it a try. I dont mind peeling the flop here since his c-bet is so small and he is aggro. On the turn I think i often still have the best hand, and might be able to make him fold TT/JJ by leading here. but I'm mostly protecting against overcars checking back the turn and outdrawing me. Is the line okay? vs what kind of player?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10.27
      MP3:
      $11.44

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9:heart: , 9:diamond:
      MP3 raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.90) Q:heart: , 5:spade: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.5, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.90) 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.08, MP3 raises to $2.90, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.06
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Well, the line seems to be fine till the turn bet size. Your sizing just induces to pick any raises against you. I'd most likely donk there ~$1,40 or something similar than induce him to raise you. Your bet size is way too small.

Against what kind of opponents? Well, most likely against those aggressors who CBet a lot and especially who don't CB the turn we planning to take stabs against them to protect our hand from overcards and him Checking behind.

Best Regards.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Hello veriz,

Do you think c/r Flop is good?
      Because, if we just call on Flop then villain can see the Turn for free for his overcard outs.
      I think c/r with PPs on Flop is good to balance when we have set against regular.

thanks.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by JHTAN
      Hello veriz,

Do you think c/r Flop is good?
      Because, if we just call on Flop then villain can see the Turn for free for his overcard outs.
      I think c/r with PPs on Flop is good to balance when we have set against regular.

thanks.
      Check/Raise is an option to avoid any overcards but of course floating is another option. Depending on the opponent I'd act accordingly. Against more aggressive and higher CB Check/Raising would be good while they have a very wide range.