This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

How big is your ....Laptop

• surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Hi fellow PS fans,
      Just a quick thought. I play on a 10" netbook 4 table NL.It's a real eye strain but the battery life , light weight a transport-ability of it makes it worth it. Its basically this or nothing due to my work and daily travel routine. Is there any one who uses a 10" screen and can multi >4 successfully...Please if you do tell me some tips to smooth it all out because I really want to go to 6or8 tables ...I hope I don't ruin my eyes in the process
      Cheers SM
  • 15 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi surfwell1818,

hmm, here's my 2 cents. i have a pretty pink laptop, i think it is 13.3" and the max i can do is 9 table tiled on Stars. on other software, i have never attempted to do more than 6 tables yet.

if you can learn to play on Cascade, rather than tile, it should do the trick. it probably takes getting used to tho, i still find it awkward because having a permanent position on my laptop kinda helps me remember my reads on the players. i think Cascade works much better for SNG's if you are very used to push-folding and know your exact ranges for doing so. for SH cash games (which i play) which is very player dependent, it is essential that you need to be able to remember how they played their previous hands so you can play optimally against them. i would like to hear other players share their thoughts about this though. i could be doing it wrong. :f_biggrin:

i think for MSS, Cascade might work too as you have your charts and push ranges as well. let us know how you get on, ok?

smiles,
      wendy
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Thanks Wendy, I have been tiling NL fullring with same seat position on all 4 t ables.I'll have a session with cascade and see how I go >4...
      :D SM
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Silver
      i have a pretty pink 7½" laptop powered by two hairy supercharged batteries.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      prove it
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Those batteries have a very short life and a long recharge time.
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      This thread is asking to be trolled :coolface:
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      :megusta:

well hello stevie! we missed you around here!
    • coolpokername
      coolpokername
      Bronze
      what does trolled mean?
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Black
      I have 15" HP Pavilion g series. Battery life is 3hours. When you tile 6 tables on , it overlaps a little bit but really no big deal. I just started playing SNGs and play between 22-30 tables cascaded and it works just fine :) If you try SNGs with a lot of tables, I suggest to stack them. It takes away the delay of going from one side of the screen to another with the mouse lol. You might think that it's not a big deal that one second delay, but you'll see :f_biggrin:

*$400 before taxes is the cost of my laptop*
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Dell for the win! :D
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by coolpokername
      what does trolled mean?
      Trolled means this:

• NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Originally posted by coolpokername
      what does trolled mean?
      Trolled means this:

FYP
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      sigh I'm lost :D
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by suitedaces1701
      I have 15"
      Nice dude!
      No Homo...
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      I used to have a Acer Aspire 1703 - with a 17'' screen. However as you probably imagine I rarely used it as a really portable devide, only when moving between university and home.
      After two years ago the screen of it froze to death (-27°C outside and open window for having a good night sleep with the laptop standing in front of the window = no good idea) I decided to get a new, really portable one:
      I have the Acer Aspire Timeline something now, its a 13'' notebook with a battery that lasts 8-11 hours, depending on your settings and usage. If you really use it for movies etc. then it will only be 4 hours. Never tried my new one for poker so far (got a replacement one after some part was broken 2 months ago, on the last day of guarantee!)