How big is your ....Laptop

• surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Hi fellow PS fans,
      Just a quick thought. I play on a 10" netbook 4 table NL.It's a real eye strain but the battery life , light weight a transport-ability of it makes it worth it. Its basically this or nothing due to my work and daily travel routine. Is there any one who uses a 10" screen and can multi >4 successfully...Please if you do tell me some tips to smooth it all out because I really want to go to 6or8 tables ...I hope I don't ruin my eyes in the process
      Cheers SM
  • 15 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi surfwell1818,

hmm, here's my 2 cents. i have a pretty pink laptop, i think it is 13.3" and the max i can do is 9 table tiled on Stars. on other software, i have never attempted to do more than 6 tables yet.

if you can learn to play on Cascade, rather than tile, it should do the trick. it probably takes getting used to tho, i still find it awkward because having a permanent position on my laptop kinda helps me remember my reads on the players. i think Cascade works much better for SNG's if you are very used to push-folding and know your exact ranges for doing so. for SH cash games (which i play) which is very player dependent, it is essential that you need to be able to remember how they played their previous hands so you can play optimally against them. i would like to hear other players share their thoughts about this though. i could be doing it wrong. :f_biggrin:

i think for MSS, Cascade might work too as you have your charts and push ranges as well. let us know how you get on, ok?

smiles,
      wendy
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Thanks Wendy, I have been tiling NL fullring with same seat position on all 4 t ables.I'll have a session with cascade and see how I go >4...
      :D SM
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      i have a pretty pink 7½" laptop powered by two hairy supercharged batteries.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      prove it
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Those batteries have a very short life and a long recharge time.
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      This thread is asking to be trolled :coolface:
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      :megusta:

well hello stevie! we missed you around here!
    • coolpokername
      coolpokername
      Bronze
      what does trolled mean?
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      I have 15" HP Pavilion g series. Battery life is 3hours. When you tile 6 tables on , it overlaps a little bit but really no big deal. I just started playing SNGs and play between 22-30 tables cascaded and it works just fine :) If you try SNGs with a lot of tables, I suggest to stack them. It takes away the delay of going from one side of the screen to another with the mouse lol. You might think that it's not a big deal that one second delay, but you'll see :f_biggrin:

*$400 before taxes is the cost of my laptop*
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Dell for the win! :D
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by coolpokername
      what does trolled mean?
      Trolled means this:

• NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Originally posted by coolpokername
      what does trolled mean?
      Trolled means this:

FYP
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      sigh I'm lost :D
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by suitedaces1701
      I have 15"
      Nice dude!
      No Homo...
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      I used to have a Acer Aspire 1703 - with a 17'' screen. However as you probably imagine I rarely used it as a really portable devide, only when moving between university and home.
      After two years ago the screen of it froze to death (-27°C outside and open window for having a good night sleep with the laptop standing in front of the window = no good idea) I decided to get a new, really portable one:
      I have the Acer Aspire Timeline something now, its a 13'' notebook with a battery that lasts 8-11 hours, depending on your settings and usage. If you really use it for movies etc. then it will only be 4 hours. Never tried my new one for poker so far (got a replacement one after some part was broken 2 months ago, on the last day of guarantee!)