Best tourney cash eva (for me)!

• deezer79
      deezer79
      Bronze
      Just took 2nd in a 73 player tourney with $300 prize and made $75. Monster screwed myself tho as was massive chip leader on final table and had 2/3 when heads up. Got impatient as not used to having so much play heads up (I started with 80BB) and shoved with a middle pair. Dumb play and not sure why I did it. Used to playing one table SnGs and after playing that tourney for probably close to 4hrs, just wanted it over and wasn't thinking of the extra dough. Live and learn I guess. Still happy with it despite letting myself down a little.
  • 7 replies
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      nice score dude!
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      Nice one. I had a similar situation having come 2nd recently. There are those two pulls that on the one hand you came second! :) On the other hand, you came second...

Welcome to poker :) well done on the position.

It's the rank which makes me interested in getting into SnGs and tourneys at some point. It's motivation for me I guess, I suppose it's easier (for me) to translate the competition in a tourney than in a cash game.
    • deezer79
      deezer79
      Bronze
      Yeah, it did suck to come in second but it was a good score for me - rarely make so much in one game. Never felt so dominant at a table; 6-handed at the final table and had about 8x the average stack but when it got to heads up, I just wanted it over. Feel like I really screwed myself. Played great poker right up until the end and then just switched off. Weird.
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      Good result deezer, it is always a big boost to break your own personal record and gives you another target to aim for.
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by deezer79
      Just took 2nd in a 73 player tourney with $300 prize and made $75. Monster screwed myself tho as was massive chip leader on final table and had 2/3 when heads up. Got impatient as not used to having so much play heads up (I started with 80BB) and shoved with a middle pair. Dumb play and not sure why I did it. Used to playing one table SnGs and after playing that tourney for probably close to 4hrs, just wanted it over and wasn't thinking of the extra dough. Live and learn I guess. Still happy with it despite letting myself down a little.

HU shoving with pocket pair is standard, well played
    • bj355
      bj355
      Bronze
      Originally posted by antstruk
      Originally posted by deezer79

HU shoving with pocket pair is standard, well played
      I agree, unless you were both very deep.
    • deezer79
      deezer79
      Bronze
      That was the thing; he had maybe 40BB and I had 80. Plenty of play there. He raised from button and I called with K7. Flop came something like 4-7-J and I donked it for about 2/3 the pot. He raised and usually, I would be wary at this point. Making a pair is hard to do though and as I said, had been playing for a while and just wanted it over. I put him all in and he had KJ. All downhill from there :( . Certainly not well played.