[NL2-NL10] NL 4 Facing min 3bet

• ZeProst
      ZeProst
      Bronze
      For some reason at 4NL at Poker Heaven min 3 bets are very popular among most weak players. In this hand on the other hand i get min 3b by a fishy regular playing 22/12 with a 3b of 2 over 140 hands.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.07)
      BB ($8.12)
      UTG ($4.42)
      CO ($4)
      Hero ($4.79)

Dealt to Hero T:diamond: A:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.11, SB raises to $0.22, fold, Hero ???

Usually with a decent hand i call cause of my immediate pot odds (over 3:1) and cause of implied odds. So here are some questions about this situation i am faced with frequently:
      1. With what range is he usually doing this ?
      2. Is calling here a mistake considering my odds and position ?
      3. If calling in that spot is not a mistake would it be a mistake if i called oop?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ZeProst,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

1. With what range is he usually doing this ?

Well, it's hard to say while you don't even know the opponent, neither you have seen him playing. He could have the nuts, he could have very wide range, he could have anything.

2. Is calling here a mistake considering my odds and position ?

Well, your hand is pretty often dominated if he has rather stronger range. I would definitely watch it out, often people just overplay their TP type of hands when they Call and to avoid that rather just fold preflop. Of course it's possible to Call but you also have to be sure in your postflop skills and have a postflop plan.

3. If calling in that spot is not a mistake would it be a mistake if i called oop?

OOP would be much harder to play and most likely I would rather prefer to fold it. :)

Best Regards.