[NL2-NL10] K9o in CU

• Mopenza
      Mopenza
      Bronze
      he is kinda fishy 45/35 but only 28 hands so cant say more, whats about river call? I mean if he would have bet bigger I would fold it 100% and not rly sure about turn raise there ether, cause if I raise I cant get away from it and fish who donk bets 2 streets seems kinda strong to me, I dont know what do u think?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $4.10
      MP2:
      $11.12
      MP3:
      $11.35
      CO (Hero):
      $10.73
      BU:
      $11.28
      SB:
      $8.68

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, 9.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BU folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.7) Q, 9, 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.5) K (2 players)
      SB bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25.

River: ($4) A (2 players)
      SB bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25.

Final Pot: $6.5.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and nines(Kc 9d).
      SB shows a flush, ace high(Jd Qd).

SB wins with a flush, ace high(Jd Qd).
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Preflop: If you know he defends always I wouldn't advice opening K9o. You will miss many flops and since fishy opp are not thinking too much so we can get them to fold much. Also, you can't be happy if you hit K on draw heavy board since your kicker is too low to go for raise-protection.
      I agree with stealing but not always against this kind of opp.

Flop: We're not happy with our hand but I guess we can peel one card with our 2nd pair. At least there are no FD but calling is questionable here because SD cards can come on the turn and we won't be happy with most of them.

Turn: Quite big bet from him. This is usually a sign of strength. My initial thought was raise but when I saw the amount I agree that only calling is best here. If he bets $0,90 -$1,05 I'm probably raising for value and at the same time for pot control if some :diamond: comes on the river, or J, T, A...

River: Betting 3 streets is strong even if weak player does it. I don't give him AQ, AK here. Possible range of hands would be JT, QT, QJ, Q9, AT, AJ, KJ. I don't see many backdoor flushes here. If he bet 3/4 folding would be probably best here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Mopenza,

Well, actually the turn is really close between calling or not. I mean there are already sets possible/straights/better 2pair possible, you only beat some weaker 2pairs. His bet sizing pattern is also towards rather a strong hand and there wont be many safe cards for us on the river anyways.

Although as you call the turn then for the given odds it's really hard to lay it down. I'd either lay it down on the turn or Call both vs such bet sizes and take a note.

Best Regards.