VIP-system rakeback % on Betfred

• akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

A friend of mine has asked about the rakeback% he can get on Betfred. He said he has read X and Y here and there and way wondering if those are correct.
      Now, since his numbers were incorrect I thought I'd post the correct ones here before people start playing there without the right idea - and anyway I didn't find any source on the top pages here on PS.

So, the basic idea on Betfred is: you get 2 sorts of rakeback.
      One of them is the "points cash-in" which is relatively low in % but as far as I'm concerned there is not much else you can do with your points. In this case you get $5 for 5000 Betfred Points (BP from now on). How much rake 5000 BP is? That depends on your VIP level. See below.
      The other type is the weekly bonus - they give you a bonus every Monday, based on how much BPs have you accumulated the previous month. But, for every level except Diamond (VIP level 6, top level) there is a cap for this bonus, a maximum that you can get.

So, I did a few calculations where I use these cap numbers as starting points. I checked how much you need to rake to get exactly the maximum weekly bonus amount and checked how much RB% that is. If you rake anything less then the maximum you will be getting the same RB%. If you rake more, you get less in %. I will give you an example through Platinum VIP level (lvl 5).

Example: Platinum (VIP level 5)
      Points multiplier: 30
      Maximum bonus: $125
      Bonus multiplier*: 0,008
      * they multiply the amount of BPs you have accumulated with this number, and the result is what you get as that week's bonus
      To get the $125 bonus, you need to make: 125/0,008 = 15625 BPs
      Rake needed for this: 15625/30 = ~ $521
      RB% for the bonus: 125/521 = 24%
      RB% for BP cash-in: 3% [ $5/ $(5000/30) ]
      Total RB%: 24% + 3% = 27%

I will save you the calculations for the rest (and save myself from typing too) and just list it here:

Iron (VIP level 1): 0%
      Bronze (VIP level 2): 12,6%
      Silver (VIP level 3): 15,75%
      Gold (VIP level 4): 22,5%
      Platinum (VIP level 5): 27%
      Diamond (VIP level 6): 38,5%

Please note that there is no weekly bonus nor BP cash-in for level 1. But it's easy to overcome.

Also note that obviously there are some differences in reality as you only get even numbers as a bonus (eg for 100,7 you get $100) and you can only cash-in BPs at every 5000 mark, which might be important to low-volume or micro-stakes players.

Also, note that there is no upper limit for Diamond weekly bonus - on Diamond you get 38,5% RB with any amount of rake.
      On every other level, if you rake less than what is needed for the maximum bonus ($521 in the platinum example) then you get the numbers I wrote above, if you rake anything more, then you only get the BP-cash-in RB. In the platinum example, if you rake $1000 a week, you get 27% RB for $521 and 3% RB for the rest ($479).

Also note that if you get the maximum amount on a certain VIP level for 4 weeks, you definitely will move up in the levels (in case of Bronze, you move up 2 levels right away).

Also please note that I didn't take any sort of first-deposit bonus into account, these numbers are important in case you are planning on playing here for a longer period for some reason, or maybe without an FDB.

If the mods made it sticky or just copied the numbers into a sticky thread of their own that'd be some help to the community imo. When I'm looking for a new room and possibly making a decision between 10s of rooms I hate to do the calculations myself.

Regards,
      akrammon
  • 5 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey akrammon,

How are you? longest post ever :D

You didn't like our overview thread about this? BetFred VIP Club

Let me know
      Ingrid
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Hey akrammon,

Let me know
      Ingrid
      Hey :)

something is wrong with that link or I'm stupid :f_confused:

edit: says access denied
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by akrammon
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Hey akrammon,

Let me know
      Ingrid
      Hey :)

something is wrong with that link or I'm stupid :f_confused:

edit: says access denied
      sorry, should work now :)
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Well, I obviously didn't see that :D which makes me look a little bit ridiculous, but whatever :D :D

now that I'm so much in this, however, a few comments about that post of yours:

- it looks like it's in Betfair thread which is funny :) it's a different room AND a different network :)

- it's a bit out of date since now they give you weekly bonuses (no big difference).

- listing 10+ lines about points cash-in is not necessary. it's $5 for 5k in each case.

- you don't have numbers for Silver even tho line 3 calculates with a starting status of Silver

- and that leads to the main problem, in the table you list what status you can get by raking that much but you don't state the starting status which is the key element because of the points multiplier. Even tho I guess it's usually the one status reached in the one in the line before.

- your final numbers are slightly incorrect (usually by half %)

But whatever, none of these are a big deal, I didn't know we have one of these, couldn't find it. Just forget this thread then :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by akrammon
      Well, I obviously didn't see that :D which makes me look a little bit ridiculous, but whatever :D :D
      no no, it wasn't available for everyone to see so this made me look ridiculous :D :heart:
      will ask David to pop by and answer your questions as these threads are his hard work result!