[NL2-NL10] 33 set oop

• buzzinowt
      buzzinowt
      Bronze
      Don't like how (or really know why) I played it like this. Should I be checking this flop?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($3.99)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($2.22)
      UTG+1 ($1.09)
      CO ($0.82)
      BTN ($2.17)

Dealt to Hero 3:spade: 3:club:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.08, Hero calls $0.07, fold

FLOP ($0.18) 6:spade: Q:club: 3:diamond:

Hero bets $0.13, BTN raises to $0.36, Hero raises to $0.59, BTN calls $0.23

TURN ($1.36) 6:spade: Q:club: 3:diamond: K:club:

Hero bets $0.70, BTN folds

Hero wins $1.30
  • 3 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Flop: I like your donk because flop is really dry and if you c/r him he folds almost always. When he raises you 3x I don't understand your minr?? You should 3bet him 3x - $1,20.

Turn: You should bet more, you want his whole stack.

Veriz - one line and your thought...

If we donk/call his raise. And on the turn we check/raise? I know we lose much value but is this a possible line? On we just raise-raise flop and get it in?
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I dont know if this is correct but in case he raise flop as he did i would just call flop raise and then play check/shove line river.

I think this is the line when we can aextract the most of value from his weak hands. If he is strong there is no problem of getting all his money anyway.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello buzzinowt,

Well, do you think the guy wouldn't CB here? Or what was the reason for donking? If we expect him to CB here then most likely I'd just Check/Raise it. Although as played and if you even decide to donk it then why do you 3bet so smallish? It's just a min-raise. Rather raise it bigger ~$1 at least.

Best Regards.