[NL2-NL10] Hand Evaluation Coaching - Homework #6 1.11.11

• veriz
      Hello PokerStrategists,

as some of you may have heard that we have a homework in each of our No-Limit Hand Evaluation Coachings.

Here is the homework for the coaching from Nov 1st, please note:

• Everybody is invited to share his thoughts here regardless if you joined the last coaching or not.
      • Whoever is active in the homework threads can get a free database analysis by us which helps you to improve your game.

Find the hand below waiting for you opinions and analysis posted in this thread. Furthermore do not forget to join our next coaching on Tuesday, November 7th at 6 pm GMT.

$10 No Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

UTG $10
      MP $10
      Hero (CO) $10
      BU $10
      SB $10
      BB $10

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

PreFlop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with 7, 7
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, BU calls $0,40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 7, 7, 8
      Hero bets $0,60, BU raises to $2, Hero ???
  • 3 replies
    • chocular77
      BU could raise with overpairs (99,TT,JJ), str or flushdraws and maybe even air/lowpairs.

If we raise the flop we would maybe scare away his overpairs (since he can think we got a higher pair AA/KK/QQ) and ofc air/lowpp's. He would call with his draws IP.

If we call (since the pot is already big) and no diamond comes and we bet turn ~$2-2,5 we will get money from ovp's and draws, and overcards that hit on turn.
      If a dangerous card comes on turn (any diamond, J&6 not that much) and we bet we will get all the money if his draw hits.

So my conclusion is just call and bet 1/2PS on turn, ship river, since we can get additional money from his Overpairs if no scary card comes.
    • Mcute
      Hey ;)

From my experience a lot of players laike to bluff on such boards, so i think we should only call flop and let him bluff on turn. If opponent isn't bluffing he would continue his aggression on the turn anyway.
      Sometimes we could go all in on flop, but it depends on the opponent, we have to know that he could stack off with flush draw or overpair on such boards.
    • veriz

Without any information and most likely putting him on rather weaker range here I'd rather Call the flop.

a) We keep bluffs in the hand;
      b) We keep weaker pairs/PPs in the hand;
      c) We keep draws in the hand;
      d) He may even catch a FD card for the turn and still wants to continue.

Bad thing in 3bet here is that only strong hands are going to continue on the flop and most likely weaker 8x/99/TT may easily fold and of course any draws.

For that given fact I'd Call his raise and donk the turn ~$1,50-$2 which should be good enough which may even give him room for hero-call with another draw or sometimes maybe even raise vs us. Since our donk could mean any draw or something similar. After that we will still be able to shove the river.

Best Regards.