Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.13
      MP3:
      $2.18

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:spade: , J:spade:
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.22) A:club: , Q:spade: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.1, MP3 calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.42) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, MP3 calls $0.18.

River: ($0.78) Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 raises $1.8 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.58

My question about this hand is, am i correct betting roughly 1/2 pot on flop and turn, ie am i giving myself correct odds? if not what should i be betting?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello keoghh,

You have a leak in your bet sizes and which you definitely have to fix. You have to CB it bigger on flop and also turn if you even want to 2nd barrel it. ;)

Best Regards.
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      But if i bet to big wont i be giving myself bad odds for the flush draw, which im betting for incase i make the flush.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by keoghh
      But if i bet to big wont i be giving myself bad odds for the flush draw, which im betting for incase i make the flush.
      You and bet your odds? What do you mean? You are just representing a very weak hand here, that's the point. You induce raises and at the same time loose calls. There is no such thing, I am betting for my good odds.
    • numbnutter
      numbnutter
      Bronze
      Odds only relate to calling a bet. The reason why you bet a draw is to give fold equity - you want your opponent to fold most of the time but if he doesn't then you still have a chance to make the flush/straight whatever.
      This is why you have to bet bigger, betting half the pot doesn't give you as much fold equity - in fact you are sometimes giving your opponent good odds to call you if he has a combodraw.

Hope I helped :)
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Ahh shit my bad, i understand now, thanks guys.