[NL20-NL50] Nl24 Sh 44

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Can I really play this any differently?

On A hi flop I'm checkraising obv but he checks it back. I need to protect the turn. Dont even like to bet-fold the river so check-fold seems like the only option.

Annoying spots whilst taking shot at NL25 :(

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $25
      MP2:
      $24.4

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4:heart: , 4:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $0.75, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.65, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.75) A:diamond: , 4:spade: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($1.75) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25, MP2 calls $1.25.

River: ($4.25) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $2.35, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.25
  • 7 replies
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      If you checked flop , I would bet pot on Turn to charge him for every single :spade:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I might just lead all 3 streets on Axx board, since players would put you more on draws or air, than set. So they would often try to represent AK and would bluffraise or some players would also raise flop with strong Ax hands.
      Turn and river is fine. He has showdown value if he checked back flop and he would not turn his made hands, like QQ/KK into bluffs, so I´m fine c/f river.

c/r river would be very cool move, since I don´t think he would ever check back As on the flop, but you can very easily rep As by c/r river+ he would very likely b/f there Q, K and lower flushes.
    • wazawanga
      wazawanga
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

I might just lead all 3 streets on Axx board, since players would put you more on draws or air, than set. So they would often try to represent AK and would bluffraise or some players would also raise flop with strong Ax hands.
      Turn and river is fine. He has showdown value if he checked back flop and he would not turn his made hands, like QQ/KK into bluffs, so I´m fine c/f river.

c/r river would be very cool move, since I don´t think he would ever check back As on the flop, but you can very easily rep As by c/r river+ he would very likely b/f there Q, K and lower flushes.
      @kaitz

Leading here is bad because you lose a lot of value when he missed and would have cbet this board plus to assume this kind of thing that he would go crazy and bluffraise to represent AK and try to lead for 3 streets is a spew play.You have to be playing nl2k + or something like that to do this

CRing river here is also a spewy play .. you are assuming too much and overthinking a very simple hand . Maybe you do this regularly in the games you play but i would expect a hand judge to advise people to play solid and not making spewy plays and the most of the time just point out obvious mistakes that need to be eliminated from a player's game

@meemawuk

ok this player that seems to be a regular checks back this A43s board / what do you put him on ? well he would have bet most of his complete missed air because this is good board to cbet on , he would have cbet almost always with flush draws , and also with top pairs but he doesn't ... he checks back.What does a regular check back in this spot ? well some check back KQ and some air but mostly it's a midpair type hand or even some weak top pair hands like ATs that goes for pot control - i would almost always go for CR turn with a set here
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Not saying that c/r river would be mandatory play, but since it hard opponent to hold As and he went pot control on the flop I think it can´t be bad move to try out. If you play very straightforward game, then players would run you over quite easily.
      c/r turn is interesting move and I think it might easily work. He would bet hands that he went pot control and often also calls you down, since players would expect you to lead two pair+ on the turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Leading here is just horrible vs not even known opponent. Pretty standard spot to Check/Raise the flop while he will most likely CB with his whole range including all bluffs from you most likely wont get value if you donk. Going to miss a lot value in long run.

WTF? Check/Raise river would be cool move? It would be just spew not a cool move. :(

Best Regards.
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

WTF? Check/Raise river would be cool move? It would be just spew not a cool move. :(
      Could you tell me reasons =) ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Beseventh
      Originally posted by veriz

Could you tell me reasons =) ?
      Well, tell me another reason why should we?

a) We don't know the opponent -> Towards that we can't be sure that he is folding any higher X. If we want him to make any kind of hands to fold then why not just bet ourselves and big time near the pot? Would gain the maximum fold equity.

b) Against what kind of bet size are we going to Check/Raise? -> Would ever be against big bet there any sense to Check/Raise? While he could just have the strong made hand which is Calling on turn. Since there ain't gonna be many of them.