[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh Qq

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      This sucks. Another spot in a brutal session.

I decide to double barrel to protect against hands with a spade. Is this a spt where I can check the turn to see what he does? If he bets I can call thinking I'm likely good, plus I have a flush draw. When I bet and he calls, I pretty much always have to bet the river.

I take a bet fold line on the river hoping to get called by 9x. Maybe thats even too thin vs his wtsd? Check fold might be better?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10
      MP3:
      $11.97

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.30, MP3 calls $0.30, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.75) 9:spade: , 6:heart: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.6, MP3 calls $0.60.

Turn: ($1.95) 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.22, MP3 calls $1.22.

River: ($4.39) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.2, MP3 raises to $6.30, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $6.79
  • 5 replies
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      I would check fold since flush got there by turn, and if he had pair + As that he called on turn - it got there too, not really worth block betting...
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I like more betting to 4BB preflop.

The problem of block betting is that we can be raised and that happened here. What kind of hand do you expect from him to call your block bet? Maybe check/fold river would be better since it looks liek we are beaten here.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sausage646
      I would check fold since flush got there by turn, and if he had pair + As that he called on turn - it got there too, not really worth block betting...
      Check folding the turn is far too weak IMO.
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      Meemawuk I was talking about river decision - since flush arrived on turn and A hit the river.. I apologize if didn't comment as clear as possible...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Well, not that many hands will pay you on river. It's a spot where I'd be inclined to just Check/Fold on river, everything got there and even A is possible in his range.

Best Regards.