[NL2-NL10] NL10 66 bvb

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Okay Bvb i'm pretty sure I have the best hand preflop and i'm oop. I'm also getting decent odds to call. Could I ever consider playing 4-bet fold instead of calling for set value in this spot since his 3-betting range should theoretically be quite wide and I dont like how my hand plays postflop?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11.31
      BB:
      $21.44

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6:spade: , 6:club:
      BU folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.80) Q:heart: , J:spade: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.2, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.80
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

sure, 4-betting is there fine and you likely take pot down quite often. Players would also not 5-bet shove, so if you get showed, you´re against TT+, AK, that makes 66 easy fold.
      If you don´t want to build that big pot oop, you can always call and then lead or c/r small flops. If he doesn´t have there anything he would usually give you credit and fold.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Nah, I don't like 4betting against such an opponent. If he is giving us very good odds then just take them and play for set value. :)

Best Regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I was watching the TT/Vonki videos recently and TT talks about a similar spot (although maybe it was postflop check-raise on a paired board?) where if we decide to 4-bet and we get called, it was a bluff, and if we get a fold we mostly had the best hand. The main point is that our hand plays so badly postflop and vs standard unknown bvb range here a 4-bet shold often get a fold.

I guess because of his VPIP and the fact he seems so fishy, It might be better to just play it for set value.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      I was watching the TT/Vonki videos recently and TT talks about a similar spot (although maybe it was postflop check-raise on a paired board?) where if we decide to 4-bet and we get called, it was a bluff, and if we get a fold we mostly had the best hand. The main point is that our hand plays so badly postflop and vs standard unknown bvb range here a 4-bet shold often get a fold.

I guess because of his VPIP and the fact he seems so fishy, It might be better to just play it for set value.
      Yes, that's as well why I went for a Call. :)