This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 66 bvb

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Okay Bvb i'm pretty sure I have the best hand preflop and i'm oop. I'm also getting decent odds to call. Could I ever consider playing 4-bet fold instead of calling for set value in this spot since his 3-betting range should theoretically be quite wide and I dont like how my hand plays postflop?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11.31
      BB:
      $21.44

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6:spade: , 6:club:
      BU folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.80) Q:heart: , J:spade: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.2, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.80
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

sure, 4-betting is there fine and you likely take pot down quite often. Players would also not 5-bet shove, so if you get showed, you´re against TT+, AK, that makes 66 easy fold.
      If you don´t want to build that big pot oop, you can always call and then lead or c/r small flops. If he doesn´t have there anything he would usually give you credit and fold.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Nah, I don't like 4betting against such an opponent. If he is giving us very good odds then just take them and play for set value. :)

Best Regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I was watching the TT/Vonki videos recently and TT talks about a similar spot (although maybe it was postflop check-raise on a paired board?) where if we decide to 4-bet and we get called, it was a bluff, and if we get a fold we mostly had the best hand. The main point is that our hand plays so badly postflop and vs standard unknown bvb range here a 4-bet shold often get a fold.

I guess because of his VPIP and the fact he seems so fishy, It might be better to just play it for set value.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      I was watching the TT/Vonki videos recently and TT talks about a similar spot (although maybe it was postflop check-raise on a paired board?) where if we decide to 4-bet and we get called, it was a bluff, and if we get a fold we mostly had the best hand. The main point is that our hand plays so badly postflop and vs standard unknown bvb range here a 4-bet shold often get a fold.

I guess because of his VPIP and the fact he seems so fishy, It might be better to just play it for set value.
      Yes, that's as well why I went for a Call. :)