UTG raises to $0.06, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.05, fold

FLOP ($0.14) 9:diamond: Q:diamond: 3:spade:

Hero checks, UTG checks

TURN ($0.14) 9:diamond: Q:diamond: 3:spade: K:diamond:

Hero bets $0.10, UTG raises to $0.33, Hero calls $0.23

RIVER ($0.80) 9:diamond: Q:diamond: 3:spade: K:diamond: T:spade:

Hero checks, UTG bets $0.60, Hero ?

Preflop it's a standard set mine.

On the flop i wanted to check/raise, but he checked back.

The turn brings the flush and also JT hit a straight, so i only call his raise, hoping to hit a FH on the river.

The river brings a T which means any TJ,QJ,KJ,AJ got to a straight and i would only be winning here against QK and AK imo. What's the best decision on the river, and how should have I played the hand until then? Thanks!
  • 3 replies
    • numbnutter
      numbnutter
      Bronze
      Bet the flop here. If he's drawing he's just going to check behind, and there's nothing to suggest he already has a good made hand to bet with. Also you need to protect against both flush and straight draws.

If you're just going to call on the turn anyway then don't bother to bet it. Against his raise though you're not getting good enough odds to call for a a FH so just fold it here.

Once you've made it to the river and both flush and straight draws completed I think there's very little chance of you being ahead. Can't really do much except check/fold there.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think c/r flop is fine. You´re going also check with your Qx and TT/JJ hands that you might c/c once, so keeping your range wide and let your hand see as weak as possible check is usually better option than bet.

Not really sure what hands he would raise on the turn. AK makes sense, he should bet flop with his flushdraws and JT, so you can consider also shoving river. But to give him also rope to bluff or if you´re behind then improve full boat I think b/c turn is fine.

River I´d also c/f, since now too many hands beat you and I don´t expect him valuebetting KQ or AK. But on the blank river I´d c/c since his line doesn´t make too much sense to me.

Regards,
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello mayapnd,

Flop: Doubt that the Check/Raise idea is totally off here, depends really on the player. Against some guys who don't CB that much I'd prefer to donk and protect our hand.

As played
      Turn: Not much I would change here. Depends really on the players but usually I'd rather pick the passive line and Bet/Call for the FH outs.
      River: Check/Fold while now even Jx gives a straight, you most likely don't beat much. Obviously his line doesn't make sense while he should just CB himself with FD on flop but he didn't.

Best Regards.