[NL2-NL10] Nl50 Sss - Qq

• IveysHome
      IveysHome
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

UTG ($70.10)
      Hero ($12.15)
      MP1 ($19.50)
      MP2 ($29.90)
      MP3 ($17.25)
      CO ($77.85)
      Button ($11.40)
      SB ($92.95)
      BB ($9.35)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q, Q.
      1 fold, Hero raises to $2, MP1 calls $2, 1 fold, MP3 raises to $5, 4 folds, Hero calls $3, MP1 calls $3.

Flop: ($15.75) 4, 2, 9 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP3 bets $5, Hero raises to $7.15 (All-In), MP1 folds, MP3 calls $2.15.

Turn: ($0) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($0) 7 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $30.05

Not much to evaluate but i was just interested in your views on the pre-flop play. Im guessing a push pre-flop would have been better
  • 4 replies
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      According to standard strategy after the reraise QQ is a push having stack size:raise size 5:1.

I would do against unknown in first situation to get a read which with hands he reraised me in the case he calls, but for sure not feeling well and knowing that I could be behind against a reasonable player who does not respect my UTG raise from MP.

But often enough villain does it with hands like 99 - JJ but also with AK or AQ against which I'm in front preflop.

For sure we have some good FE preflop as UTG raiser (question to the judges how to "calculate" FE?)

Postflop is hard to play. We do not get a real additional information even on this flop. Villain can still hold his AA KK 99 which we have to be concerned about additional also 22 44 which is not to be expected but possible.

So we push here in a worse situation than preflop, so a push preflop only has advantages at this spot against the push postflop imo.

Point2:

Didn't understand your Flopplay for real.

If your ready to push against a raise

a) you can push preflop also ;)
      b) You can play c/f even if your very deep in the pot - an absolute weak move for me.

The longer looking at this hand: A clear push preflop against unknown. You're using all advantages you have and if running against AA KK or villain hits his A or K let it be.

So I think that's the reason why standard strategy says "push"

So there was a lot to "evaluate" (not my job ;) ) let's say to discuss in this hand ;)

And I made it clear to me why it should be standard to push here preflop :)
      Bronze
      Woah! No calling in SSS!

I agree with the second part of Gremlin's post. It's a clear push preflop. You have to realise that calling and waiting for a king or ace to come is what your oponents want you to do. Let's assume two scenarios:

1. You're against aces or kings.
      a) You push preflop and you're underdog. Not much to say about this case.
      b) You check/raise flop if no king or ace came. Pretty much the same.

2). You're not against aces or kings.
      a) You push preflop and you're ahead every pp and every other hand (even against AK you have a bit more than a coinflip).
      b) You wait until flop came. In 33% of all cases a king or ace come. Then what to do? a push? You can easily be beat by any weak ace or king, AQ or KQ that you had dominated preflop. You check/fold? It's a very weak play considering your very strong hand.
      If there's no king you still have two oponents and it's likely that one of them hits a set (if J, T or 9 come on the flop) and so on.

No calling in SSS. QQ always mean push preflop until you face some very tight player raising UTG, then you can think about only pushing with AA-KK.
    • Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      Push preflop with stack:raise of 4 to 1 or higher
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      push preflop, of course