[NL2-NL10] NL2$ flop shove

• Tuvoc
      Tuvoc
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($1.68)
      Hero (UTG+1) ($2.03)
      CO ($2.17)
      BB ($0.64)
      MP1 ($1.79)
      Button ($2)
      SB ($1.98)
      MP2 ($0.77)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with ,
      UTG calls $0.02, Hero bets $0.08, MP1 calls $0.08, 5 folds, UTG calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.27) , , (3 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.06, MP1 raises $0.12, 1 fold, Hero raises $0.40, MP1 raises $0.68, Hero raises $1.49 (All-In), MP1 calls $0.91 (All-In)

Turn: ($3.69) (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($3.69) (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $3.69

As beeing first in i raised the pot.
      On the flop i wanted him to go all in with me (I did not bother putting them on 2s because they would rarely call a raise from utg with 2 in hand ).
      My biggest problem was getting him AL somehow.
      I made a small bet so it looks like i have air and i was hoping to villan raise me so i can re raise him.Actualy my plan worked the question is now ?

Was my decision right ???
  • 3 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      1. Unlikely to get it heads-up at this level so I would raise bigger preflop to more like 12c from early position. Make 'em pay for their mistakes! :evil:

2. Postflop 3-way and you don't think they would call a raise with a 2x hand? They will if it's suited! :)
      This is an important point; don't assume others will think as you do, or think much at all beyond their hand strength for that matter, becasue they won't.

3. I would still cbet bigger on the flop, say 18c, unless you have reads that at least one of these villains plays angry - and if he does the bet size probably won't matter anyway will it?

4. Get the monies in! Let's face it, what other play is there here? Fold the flop? That's a serious read! NH. :D
      Have fun and gl. :)
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      the way he plays it (minraise, min4bet) on the flop just screams that he has a monster and he desperately doesnt want you to fold. 2x or 99 most likely. If he doesnt 3bet pre ever then maybe TT-AA is in his range and maybe he also plays them this way, or maybe he even overplays 9x this way with wierd minbets, but it seems unlikely. Mostly you are probabely crushed in this situation. It is a hard fold but it also is a fold you can make (vs certain villians.)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tuvoc,

I don't really see the idea why do you bet so smallish on flop? Make a normal bet size. And most likely I'd even consider at the best just Bet/Calling vs the min-raise. There ain't gonna be many worse hands which continue and at the same time you isolate yourself against strong holdings.

Best Regards.