DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $10.00
      UTG: $10.00
      MP: $10.22
      CO: $11.24
      Hero (BTN): $11.19
      SB: $5.20

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with Q :club: 9 :spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, 2 folds, CO calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.95) 5 :heart: T :diamond: 6 :spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.97, CO calls $0.97

Turn: ($3.89) J :diamond: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $2.91, CO raises to $9.37, Hero calls $6.41 all in

River: ($22.53) 5 :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

stats: 22/18 agfactor 2.0 wts 30 hands 7k, steal from CO 31% fold to 3bet 70% fold to cbet in 3bet pot 35%

preflop: the opponent steals from CO with a wide range, folds to 3bet 70%, i decided to 3bet bluff him on the preflop, and if he calls, i will cbet the flop

turn: what is the best option on the turn ?
  • 2 replies
    • ZeProst
      ZeProst
      Bronze
      Hey there Swimm,

This is gonna be the first hand of another player i review so bare with me if i am totally wrong.
      Preflop the 3 bet bluff is ok as long as you have a plan after the flop in case he calls, although i would prefer 3bet bluffing here with hands like T9s 87s etc as they have a bit better postflop playability and equity.
      The cbet on the flop is standard although i personally would make it a bit over half pot ... like 1.10, 1.15 here with both bluffs and value hands.
      The turn is a good card for you as it gives you a OESD but i think it actually decreases your fold equity. His range after calling the flop is mostly top pair, medium pocket pairs (up to QQ) and overcards that are floating. When he raises the turn his range becomes narrower: KQ, diamond draw, sets and sometimes 2 pair. Against that range you have just around 17% equity as i don't think he is ever purely bluffing here... so you can't call that all in even if he has some pure bluffs in his range.
      To answer your question: the best option on the turn is to check as you won't get pretty much any hands that called you preflop to fold (except pure floats and underpairs) and you will also give yourself a free card for your draw. SO in my opinion it's an easy check behind and reevaluate the river.

Hopefully this helped.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Swimm,

Well, even if you 3bet here then how can you Call the turn vs his shove? You will never be in profit from such Calls. Standard fold vs the shove.

Although I'd even ask yourself why do you 2nd barrel there? I doubt that we will have much of fold equity. While you even have a draw yourself I'd just Check behind and be happy to see a free card.

Best Regards.