This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 2NL AQ bad turn call

• ZeProst
      ZeProst
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $2.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1501617
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $2.56
      Hero (UTG): $4.09
      MP: $2.02
      CO: $2.06
      BTN: $1.86
      SB: $1.88

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with A :club: Q :club:
      Hero raises to $0.08, 4 folds, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.17) 5 :heart: Q :diamond: 3 :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.12, BB raises to $0.24, Hero calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.65) K :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.65, Hero calls $0.65

River: ($1.95) Q :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.59, Hero calls $1.59

Villain is 34/9 af: 0.8 after 96 hands

On the flop i call because i think that his range with which he would minraise has a lot of weaker queens and pocket pairs here besides sets and 2pairs. also i am getting really good odds to get 2 pair or trips my self (which, now that i think of it, is really bad reverse implied odds against 2 pairs with a Q and sets). The turn is mostly a blank in terms of his range... only KQ gets there. When he bets pot i should have folded...
      So here are my questions:
      1. Is the call on the flop ok ? or am i usually crushed there ?
      2. Considering my investment until the river, can i fold there when i improved ?

This hand brought back something i read in a book (can't remember which) "small mistakes on early streets will cost us a lot of money on the later ones".
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ZeProst,

Well, for the given min-raise I'd most likely Call as well. Although you should definitely lay it down on turn. You don't beat there much anymore vs his pot size bet. :(

As played the river well... as I said you were most likely already beaten on turn. :)

Best Regards.