Hero ($1.70)
      UTG ($0.91)
      UTG+1 ($5.59)
      UTG+2 ($2.03)
      MP1 ($2)
      CO ($2.19)
      BTN ($1.04)

Dealt to Hero 5:heart: A:heart:

UTG raises to $0.06, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.04

FLOP ($0.18) 7:heart: 2:heart: 7:diamond:

SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets $0.18, SB folds, Hero calls $0.18

TURN ($0.54) 7:heart: 2:heart: 7:diamond: A:club:

Hero checks, UTG bets $0.67 (AI), Hero calls $0.67

RIVER ($1.88) 7:heart: 2:heart: 7:diamond: A:club: A:diamond:

UTG shows 2:club: 2:diamond:
      (Pre 49%, Flop 98.0%, Turn 90.9%)

Hero shows 5:heart: A:heart:
      (Pre 51%, Flop 2.0%, Turn 9.1%)

Hero wins $1.76

Never thought of pocket 2's to be honest, nasty business. I guess bet/fold the flop is better? And then shove turn? Thanks for your thoughts,

Andy
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello AndyWB,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Add to full stack. :)

About the play well, on flop already it's really close while being vs a short-stack. We can't even be sure if we get the implied odds. But of course it's possible to do that. But if you think you will get it then Calling is considerable.

Best Regards.
    • AndyWB
      AndyWB
      Bronze
      Thanks veriz. Think getting the money in on the flop's the better play, especially as I thought I was playing over pair :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by AndyWB
      Thanks veriz. Think getting the money in on the flop's the better play, especially as I thought I was playing over pair :f_biggrin:
      Nah, I doubt that getting it in on the flop would be really great idea. Since we don't even know what kind of outs are clean for us and he most likely will never fold his hand there.