This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Rags to Riches

• samhead0081
      samhead0081
      Bronze
      Right I've been playing poker long enough now that I thought it warranted making a blog, if for no other reason that I can track my own progress. Anyway brief bio, I've been playing poker (offline and online) for about a year and a half but with no real success. I burnt through the first $50 starting capital within a few days and after depositing a futher $50 I didn't do much better with that, anyway I took a break when my BR was down to about £14 (don't know what that is USD). I decided to take another shot at my luck after giving myself a cooldown period and started playing NLH2 about two days ago and things were looking good, after a day playing I had over doubled my BR to £31. However after another few hours I was back down to £24. Anyway I have always played ring games and low buyin tournies, so after my downswing I decided to give a $500 R/A $0.5 buyin tourney a shot and after 4 hours I had made it to the final table, another hour later I had knocked out 6 of the final table players and ended up coming first cashing £170.
      (I realised I said brief bio, not so brief in the end...)

I've been able to determine where I allow myself to slip and hopefully with some more education with be able to get myself building a BR.
      I'll be playing NL2 and low buyin tourneys and post my progress (daily hopefully) here. I also plan to set myself goals which I'll post here in an update.

Starting BR: £190
  • 1 reply