Finished Exam woooohoooo : )

• delanonunes
      delanonunes
      Gold
      Hi guys an gals, wonderful beginners course and exam, hope to hell i done ok =)

my personal thread is: delanonunes

Now i can carry on re-reading what i've learned, re-watch more videos and some new ones and hopefully make it to gold member one day and unlock some more juicey goodies....lol...., now i'll have a bit more time for posting hands too so i guess i can get stuck in a bit more : )

Really loving the PokerStrategy team you've all been amazing thanks a million : )

Hopefully a Blog of my journey will be starting soon and i'll see where this all takes me, thanks again people :D :D :D :D

Errrrr is this in wrong place then?? Sorry about this...have managed to put thread in right place now : )
  • 4 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Congrats on finishing the course delanonunes, sounds like you had a lot of fun doing it and no doubt picked up a lot of knowledge and experience at the same time.

I don't personally have any connection with the schooling side of things, but I know those involved (veriz etc) will really appreciate your kind words and feedback on the course. I'm sure they will pop bye soon with their own congrats and gl with the results.

Congrats again, gg, wp, nh :)

Bart
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Congrats delanonunes!

I remember you starting off :) Glad to hear you enjoyed the course and hope you have taken lots of valuable information from it.

Looking forward to that blog if you do get it going.

Hope the family are well too :)

Best wishes,
      Gary

EDIT: I have also edited your post so that your link brings you to your personal thread.
    • delanonunes
      delanonunes
      Gold
      Hi everyone, it's good to be back, i've had a tiny break from poker playing and studying over the last week or so mainly due to my daft cat having an operation and me having to fuss over her and stop her crashing into walls an stuff, apart from that familys all good, babys growing nicely and alls good in the hood ...
      The course was definately a good'un and gave me plenty of food for thought, although by the end of the exam the questions got a bit strange in the way they were worded and i 'm pretty sure i misunderstood what they were asking me for....i mean i've got two different equations for equity taped to my desk

1) equity=risk/(potential profit+risk)*100

2) equity=1/(pot odds+1)*100

and i 've always been able to calculate equity with these, then the exam questions were giving a situation asking for the required equity for a break-even all-in, .......this is where my head got stuck up my ar** and i ended up using the equations and another little chart i have taped to my desk

Pot Odds Required Equity
      1:1 50%
      2:1 33%
      3:1 25%
      4:1 20%

etc etc etc........well i know you guys don't have access to school stuff etc, but i was wondering (because i cant find the particular articles or videos) if someone could help me understand the whole "break even all-in" thingy, its just that i never came across an example throughout the school that worded any of the questions this way, i mean i was cruising along feeling pretty good one minute and then i started to question some of the answers i was getting

for example if i ended up with pot odds of 2:1 and it says required equity should be 33% what if my equity worked out 39% or 27%?

i got really confused wondering Do i call if equity is HIGHER than the numbers in the chart or LOWER or do i fold if the numbers are higher or lower??

i had trouble after the exam trying to find an example i could post for you or maybe even an article explaining what i'm trying to find out, i know i'm probably not making it very clear without an example but i just got so lost by the end of the exam i got extremely disheartened feeling i misunderstood EVERYTHING yet i seem to calculate most situations correctly(or so i thought) .

Is there maybe a part of the forums somewhere that perhaps discusses required equity or could someone maybe give me a link to the articles involved i feel this was where i possibly flopped the exam along the way lol.....

I have a feeling after reading some of this back to myself that theres a chance no-one will know what the hell i'm taking about lolol, nevermind either way i shall be hitting the articles again this week and maybe getting some new info on board(if my poor head allows it).

Thanks again everyone for your help you've all been fantastic, catch up real soon.

PS: Gary, hope your family are all happy and healthy and bringing you all that joy...it is truly amazing..... :D
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Originally posted by delanonunes
      for example if i ended up with pot odds of 2:1 and it says required equity should be 33% what if my equity worked out 39% or 27%?

i got really confused wondering Do i call if equity is HIGHER than the numbers in the chart or LOWER or do i fold if the numbers are higher or lower??
      It means you have to have at least 33% equity to make call for direct pot odds. So anything higher than that is good from that point of view. Smaller equity might still be good, if you think there are implied odds ---> You will likely get value from villain if you happen to hit on later streets. Relevant aspect on that is also that when someone talk of equity it is usually equity combined from seeing both turn and river cards. River card obviously might not come as free so think of that as well :)