• SmokenS
      SmokenS
      Bronze
      Hello i am begginer..
      Can someone help me?
      I just want to know how the possition change?
      And with cards play in mp1,mp2,early u.t.t
      I know this is write in pokerstrategy but i dont understand maybe you have some programms who help you to know with cards to play?
  • 4 replies
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey Smoken S,

First of all Welcome! Great to have you on board.

For beginners, we recommend the NL BSS Beginners Course

Position is extremely important in Poker, money flows to the Button (abbreviated to BU), so we'll start there.

The most important things to remember about the Button (BU) is you will be last to act on every street post-flop, because of this, you have more information at your disposal than your opponent & therefore you have a positional edge over your opponent regardless of what hands you play.

It's easier to extract value & lay your hand down should you face aggression when you are in position.

What hands you will play with action before you, or passive action, will come with experience. I recommend downloading the Equilab, where a Tight / Standard & Loose range is included with each position, and of course you'll be able to calculate your Equity in each spot.

I'm not sure if you play Shorthanded or Fullring, so we will look at the positions in Fullring and you can remove the early positions to adjust to shorthanded play if you so choose.

Going Clockwise, when we have the BU in front of us, the Small Blind (SB) is to our left and the Big Blind (BB) to his left.
      still going clockwise, to the left of the BB is called "Under the Gun", whoever has the UTG position has a large positional disadvantage, as they are first to act pre-flop, and have the maximum amount of players "behind" them left to act.

Still going left from, we have UTG+1, UTG+2, MP2, MP1, CO, and then back to the BU, SB & BB. The BU rotates, and so do the other positions so everyone has the same positional advantages & disadvantages in a circular motion.

From the BU, you want to have a fairly wide open-raising range, from the SB should be the same as this range to steal the BB often. BB should be a tight defending range. Moving through the positions starting with UTG, you want to have a really tight range, you only want to play your absolute premium hands when you are first to act & out of position, as we move along the positions we slowly open up our range to our BU & SB range, and then close it back down for the next orbit.

Check out our Beginners Strategy Overview, which includes our Learning Paths & loads more...

I hope this helps & have a nice day!

Regards,

-E
    • SmokenS
      SmokenS
      Bronze
      But the courses are for SnG or its just NL?
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey SmokenS,

Apologies about that, I wasn't certain as to what you were referring to in your first post.

What I wrote above applies to NL BSS mostly.

Here is our Sit & Go Strategy Overview

And

Our Sit & Go Beginner Learning Path

Hope this helps & Good luck at the tables!

-Euan
    • SmokenS
      SmokenS
      Bronze
      Thank you :)