knowledge overload

• krigy18
      krigy18
      Bronze
      I am in the early stages of reviewing this site and the information seems unending, so i was wondering how you guys aproach studying material and applying it 2 your game. How long do you study compared to playing and how do you break up the info so your not trying 2 apply to much at once but still advancing your game?
  • 1 reply
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi there krigy18,

i know exactly what you mean! the more i learn about poker, the more i realize how little i know! :D
      i think an important question to ask first is, how much time do you have for poker everyday? then its a matter of how to proportion your time. at the beginning when there is so much to learn, i think it is reasonable to divide your time 50-50. the more experienced you are, the less study time you need.
      for example, if you have 4hrs free, try studying for 2 and playing for another 2.

if you feel overwhelmed with all the info, why dont you try joining the beginners course (link in my sig). that structures which material you need to study each session.

wonder what our other members have to say here... :D

smiles,
      wendy