This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH - cbet in 3B pot

• chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $24,75
      Hero:
      $25,25
      CO:
      $17,65

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , K:diamond: . CO posts a blind of $0,25.
      MP3 folds, CO checks, BU folds, SB raises to $1,15, Hero raises to $3,25, CO folds, SB calls $2,10.

Flop: ($6,75) Q:spade: , J:heart: , J:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Should i cbet on this board? F2CB = 29%
      I think he don't fold his underpairs. But i have a Gutshot and overcards.

Turn: ($6,75) 3:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3,5, SB calls $3,50.

He checked to me a second time so i tried to get him out.

River: ($13,75) A:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

His call made me suspicious and i definitly mist a valuebet here...

Final Pot: $13,75

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $24,25
      MP3:
      $25

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:spade: , K:club:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $1,00, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3,55, BB folds, MP3 calls $2,55.

Flop: ($7,35) K:diamond: , Q:heart: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

This time i got something and the pot is already big. The normal thing to to is just a cbet so i can cbet this flops with air sometimes? But the pot is already big, can i check to induce a bet from my opponent? still can get pot big enough for ship on turn.

Final Pot: $7,35
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

1) prefer c-betting since it is hard him to continue with his underpairs, this board would hit your 3-betting range and if you feel he is c/c light then you can always fire turn. River is easy valuebet. he may sometimes have AT and call you down and if he has monster he would usually c/r turn.

2) there are a lot of draws, so I like c-betting that board. Also it is suspicious if you check on KQxss board. You can bet then 2/3 pot on the turn and shove river to make sure all the money goes in.