This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH - call raise/3B vs bad players

• chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      In my limit there are some opponents who 3B alot and steal but don't fold to 3B themself.
      I always thought "i can't 4B his 3B since my hand is not that strong".
      But know i have more date on most of these players and i found out the play really bad PostFlop.
      So should i just call there 3B (with wide range) with hands that don't get dominated?

Here are 2 Hands where i tried this plan and i think it will show profit:

Hand1:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $66,35
      Hero:
      $24,6

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6:spade: , 5:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,75, SB raises to $2,15, BB folds, Hero calls $1,40.

Villain 3B with 21% from SB (39). CB 57
      My hand needs implied odds and against his weak range i don't have much but i have position and villain cbets 57% on flop so i called.

Flop: ($4,55) 7:spade: , 5:club: , 3:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2,5, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4,55

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $24,68
      MP3:
      $9

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

This Midstack Player has a 30% openraise from BU and F3B 59%.
      FlopCB = 42%

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: , Q:diamond:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0,75, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,50.

I can value3B but he will fold most hands and i isolate myself against his shoverange.
      KQo is maybe a bad example since i could definitly 3B. But what should i do with SC and maybe even one-gappers since i don't want to get allin with them?
      Should i 3B more since he can fold alot or should i just call with alot of hands since he plays fit/fold after the flop.

Flop: ($1,65) K:heart: , 9:club: , 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($1,65) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1,65
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

If they are playing fit or fold postflop I think you can easily call suited connectors against wide 3-bet range. Not sure about 4-betting since you get a lot more information postflop so I´d usually go there only for value.

About defending your BB- you may balance out your 3-bet range about hands that you´re willing to go with and hands that you think are good semibluffing hands. I´d mostly 3-bet oop for value, since players would not like to fold against aggressive 3-bettor and I really like to have better hands to go against them postflop (if they have position)