[NL2-NL10] c/bet or not c/bet mss nl2

    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Joined: 31.12.2010 Posts: 4,289
      Hello Coach
      I felt this board was a bad board to c/bet on?

      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($0.69)
      BB ($0.95)
      UTG ($2.08)
      Hero ($0.63)
      UTG+2 ($3.08)
      MP1 ($2.22)
      MP2 ($0.68)
      CO ($2)
      BTN ($2)

      MP2 posts $0.02

      Dealt to Hero Q:spade: A:heart:

      fold, Hero raises to $0.06, fold, MP1 calls $0.06, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold

      FLOP ($0.17) K:heart: 5:spade: 4:spade:

      Hero checks, MP1 checks

      TURN ($0.17) K:heart: 5:spade: 4:spade: T:heart:

      Hero checks, MP1 checks

      RIVER ($0.17) K:heart: 5:spade: 4:spade: T:heart: 7:spade:

      Hero checks, MP1 checks
  • 5 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 17,678
      Originally posted by roopopper
      Hello Coach
      I felt this board was a bad board to c/bet on?
      Hey there :)

      Can you tell me why you think this is the case? What do you think his preflop range is then?

      Best regards,
      Gerv
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Joined: 31.12.2010 Posts: 4,289
      villians range was vpip 26 pfr 24 and I have notes on him calling raises with pairs and suited connectors, also he was going to showdown 33% of the time, and the board looks drawy for a flush draw, I thought it would be wasting money to c/bet as he likes to call so much that it would be better to wait till I have a decent hand on him and then shove my money in.

      How drawy would you say this flop is Gerv?

      Roo
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 17,678
      Originally posted by roopopper
      villians range was vpip 26 pfr 24 and I have notes on him calling raises with pairs and suited connectors, also he was going to showdown 33% of the time, and the board looks drawy for a flush draw, I thought it would be wasting money to c/bet as he likes to call so much that it would be better to wait till I have a decent hand on him and then shove my money in.

      How drawy would you say this flop is Gerv?

      Roo
      It only contains a flushdraw and 76 might peel the Flop. What will PP do alot on the flop & turn? What would suited connectors (x x or x x) do a lot of the time?
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Joined: 31.12.2010 Posts: 4,289
      They would have folded!!! :facepalm: I should have c/ bet :(


      Roo
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 17,678
      Originally posted by roopopper
      They would have folded!!! :facepalm: I should have c/ bet :(
      Well yea most of the time
      but other reasons for betting are:
      * You do not give up the hand
      * Your equity is scarce
      * You let better hands fold for sure because you can have KQ/AK

      Best regards,
      Gerv