Fishing in shark infested waters!

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I was going to ressurect my old blog - But then I thought why change the habit of a lifetime, and started this one.

So Stars had there 70 Billion hand promotion and I thought it would be rude of me not to start mass multi-tabling in the hope of shipping some kind of payout...

And after 70k hands played during the promotion I managed to ship zero bounses!! Plus managed to find out that I CANNOT mass multi-table well!

I have however caught the poker bug once again and will endeavour to carry on playing dispite my horrid skill levels and awful judgement. Why? Cos I have $'s in my account mainly and it's barely worth withdrawing...

Any kind of plan? Nope, just gonna keep going for as long as I can till the cash inevitably runs out - or I get somewhere (although, I won't hold my breath on the later). I will however (Now the promo is over) try and stick to less tables.

Here is a visual representation for you enjoyment and laughter!!

Now I think after playing all those hands I can definatley say I suck ass playing 24 tables at once...

So tried 4 tables and was so bored I nearly fell asleep, then Manu suggested 9 tables and it seems about right. I can see all that happens on every table and there is usually enough to do to stop bordem creeping up on me, plus, I don't have to go frantic when all tables require action at once. 24 tables all flashing at me at once was a bit dramatic to say the least and caused me to misclick so many times I don't wish to remember or find out.

Anyway first session of 9 handed play went well...

... So lets hope the trend continues.

And all that multi-tabling did get me Gold, so it's not all bad ;)
  • 140 replies
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Good luck sir, keep the faith
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Next step is to bumhunt Danny. He'll surely help you out by donating some stacks!

You can thank me later! :f_biggrin:
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Next step is to bumhunt Danny. He'll surely help you out by donating some stacks!

I'd like to see you try! :pokerface:
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16

Yeah I did this last time I was playing at the micro's seemed to be a profitable strategy to tell the truth ;)
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Following, ofc.

Sexy graphs, btw. HEM2 any good?
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Following, ofc.

Sexy graphs, btw. HEM2 any good?
      Hey Tim :)

Yeah I think HEM2 is awesome there is a few minor niggles, like the odd laggy period, but really that only causes any kind of issue when you are playing 16+ tables. I had a few sessions where it caused me to sit out on certain tables.

But overall it's an awesome piece of software, looks great and also stops the need for all the filtering because you can simply create your own tabs for your most commonly used features.

My personal favourite is the active session feature, and the slicker looking HUD with popups that are also clean easy to read and fast to resond to a mouse over.

I think Poker Tracker will have to come through with an update for their software very soon or there will be a very clear winner in the poker world. There will obviously be a few people that prefer the older version and PT3, but overall I think HEM have done a fantastic job and this new version was more than worth the wait.

Also, have played a few sit and goes and MTT's, and I'm sure that's more what you are intersted in and it has blown both PT3 and HEM1 out of the water here, no more going through to manually insert results. It hasn't failed to find any results yet even in the FPP freerolls.

So there ya go my HEM2 review :D
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Well managed to get my roll up to $150+ and decided I'd take a shot at boosting my roll to be in contention of grinding NL25 next year and hitting SN so took my whole roll to $30 hypers, and eventually whittled it away...

So I will now have to wait on the decision of my loan before I know whether I'll be back at the felt anytime soon. Doubt I'll bother making anymore deposits until I can start my grinding at NL25. So fingers crossed on the loan thing.... I'll update when I know.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Today after a disastrous past week at the poker tables, I decided to pull my socks up and win some kind of bankroll. The past 3 weeks have seen me deposit $20 and turn it into $200, mainly due to bonuses and some lucky Hyper-Turbo 6-man tournaments.

Anyway, in an effort to up my chances of grinding NL25 and shooting for Supernova next year I decided to try my luck with the $150 sitting my Stars account and sat at $30 Hyper-Turbo's until I made $1k or bust. Why did I do it? I think because I am bored of grazing the edges of decent limits only to have to withdraw due to my low income at the moment, or I lose it – Or I take a shot. This time my shot failed and I found myself with a few cents and about 100FPP's left in my account.

For some strange reason today I felt an urge of determination to succeed at poker, maybe it was just boredom setting in after spending so much time at the felt lately and then having to go completely cold turkey, I don't know, but whatever it was, it was well timed, cos I made a little something of it, not much but it's a beginning at least.

I took what little FPP's I had an entered a Satellite to the Sunday storm, winner gets gets entry to the MTT or T$11, I took down the stupidly soft satellite and cashed out the T$11...

And that was the end result.

When I logged on this morning I had $0.03 and 104FPP's... Now all my MTT's and SnG's are over and my T$'s are gone, just 7 hours later I have $66.36 and 13FPP's, which although is a tiny number – It's something to build on again. I've had my shot, it didn't pan out. Time to start over.

Beautiful game.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      $141 ... Just saying...
    • summermonkey
      summermonkey
      Bronze
      Hi MMB! Did not see this but I am now subscribed!
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Loved this tune so much...

... Guess I still do.

Yesterday I managed to peak my Bankroll at $161 from nothing (which I am pretty happy about), then I withdrew a little (hard times), staked 2 people the sunday MTT's, which I hope pays off!

Anyway after all this withdrawing and staking I reset my roll to $50 for a more serious approach at moving through the limits. And this is where I find myself today.

I decided NL2 FR was just a bit to boring and decided I may have another shot at SH which I enjoyed, more action, more fish (it seems) and much more entertaining (Possibly the most important thing).

First session of SH.

I do seem to be flipping around doing random things in regards to poker right now, I only hope that when I settle down and finally choose the variant I really want to play that I have a roll left.

I don't recommend to anyone to play without BRM like I am at occasions btw - I've bust and nearly bust more times than I care to remember. Okay I've come out on top but it rarely happens that way.

Anyway, going to try get some discipline into my game over the coming days/weeks... We'll see how I do.

Or one of stakees for sunday MTT's could just take down one of the better tournies and I'll be off on my merry way... Guess we shall see!!
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Sooo, Think I found my level...

6 tables 6-max... Say 15 BI for NL2 & NL5 - 20 BI for NL10... And see where I go from there...

I enjoyed playing SH today, mainly because I won, but also because I felt more involved in the game. You get to know your opponents quicker, and exploit them that bit sooner than you do sitting at the FR tables. Yeah, enjoying that...

What I am not enjoying however is a couple of the hands, I mean I know generally you can tell when a fish hits something but some of these people have called with such ludicrous draws just to shove on the river it's just funny is all. Not moaning though, because I am enjoying playing again and I just laugh it off, because honestly they are that sad you almost feel bad for the guy/gal knowing that even if you don't take it - Someone will take his whole stack tonight.

Anyway, you all know how it is in the micro's I guess, so no point boring you with the details...

So on an unrelated topic, any fellow dubstep fans out there who may stumble across this page be it drunkly or otherwise drop me a couple off your favs list...

This is still one of my favourites... Love the constant pumping sub, with the little interludes and then straight back into a thobbing bass beat with some gentle but addictive lyrics...

Anyway here's the lowdown in a format you all know about...

Running at 26 - VPIP 19- PFR 9.0 - WTSD% 24.4 - W$SD 44.7 - Hands 627

Very tiny sample I know, but if you see any glaring holes in there then shout out... I'll keep updating these as I go, So if you think there is more I should add then just say.

Hopefully I can stick to it... I have to say though it's not really my strong point.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by summermonkey
      Hi MMB! Did not see this but I am now subscribed!
      Hey summermonkey - Thanks for reading :)
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze

Reached 2k hands...

Stats: Running at VPIP 24- PFR 18.5 - 3-Bet 7.5 WTSD% 24.1- W$SD 44.3 - Hands 2,151
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Slowly, slowly: catchee monkey. Keep it up!
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Loving SH - That is all....
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      So, 5,000 hands, thought I'd do another quick update.

Taking shots at NL5 now which is going awesome so far, couple of hiccups along the way - But that's to be expected.

Sick Red line though right? :f_cool:

Anyway, all good in the hood... Onwards and hopefully upwards. :s_smile:
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      10,000 Hands Round - Up.

Good ol' Otis, what a legend.

Well I've made it to 10k hands and here's the graph and the other stat-type things ;)

At the moment I am just playing poker, not studying or watching videos, although I did watch Pink Performance Part 1 the other night and seems like it will be a good series. I don't really have any plans to start studying as I have at some point covered most topics in poker.

I know it's changing all the time, but at the moment I am playing with what I know and my gut instinct and it seems to (over this granted small sample) be working okay, so until I start losing money or reach a limit I can't seem to beat I'll probably just trundle along.

Along those lines I do have to stop withdrawing and playing MTT's. Well, more to the point rebuy MTT's I'll post my overall MTT graph as well... Why not...

Anyway few more things I wanted to say but as it's now stupid o' clock in the morning YET AGAIN, I'm going to get some sleep so I'll finish this update later....
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I now have twitter... If you're into that sort of thing - TheLongGrind