[NL2-NL10] KQs OOP on not bad flop

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      practically unknown, only one thing he was 3betting me a lot
      40 hands/ 27/19/ 25 3bet/80cbet

My plan was therefore to c/c good flop for me and donk dangerous turn (which is not part of his range)

His 1/2 pot bet looks like he missed, can we c/r here? We have FD + GS and he has to fold most of his hands he missed. He's definitely shoving 99+, that's the reason I wanted to see turn.

Turn is not dangerous card so I decide not to donk into him. His bet is suspicious but I don't think I can raise-shove here, can I?

River...if he had FD, he's maybe trying to take it with betting. If he some second, third pair, he's not paying me. And he shoves me very often. That's why I decide to go for c/c.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($8.55)
      BB ($20.55)
      UTG ($10.36)
      Hero ($10.54)
      BTN ($10.30)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: Q:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN raises to $0.90, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.95) 9:heart: 4:spade: T:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1, Hero calls $1

TURN ($3.95) 9:heart: 4:spade: T:spade: 7:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $2, Hero calls $2

RIVER ($7.95) 9:heart: 4:spade: T:spade: 7:club: Q:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN checks

Hero shows K:spade: Q:spade:
      (Pre 41%, Flop 28.3%, Turn 20.5%)

BTN shows 8:spade: A:spade:
      (Pre 59%, Flop 71.7%, Turn 79.5%)

Hero wins $7.42
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yaxkukmian,

Well, actually against such a maniac-3bettor plus such a CB size I'd just Check/Raise right the flop with our strong hand. His range will be there most likely really weak. I mean would he really bet that amount with any overpair? Or even sets? Most likely nope.

Plus obviously we may even sometimes count the overcards as outs. :)

Best Regards.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      c/r flop let's say 2,5x? What's our line on the turn if he calls? If he calls us and this turn comes then our only option is c/f right?

What about if he decides to bet river - how big bet can we call?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      c/r flop let's say 2,5x? What's our line on the turn if he calls? If he calls us and this turn comes then our only option is c/f right?

Well, most likely. We wont have much fold equity anyways there after he Calls us in a 3bet pot our Check/Raise.

What about if he decides to bet river - how big bet can we call?

Well, the problem on river is that we just beat a bluff there if he really bets. Since all worse pairs, something like JJ will Check behind. Not that many hands we beat there. :( So it might be even towards Check/Fold, unless I really know more about the opponent tendency. Usually on those stakes they ain't capable of 3barreling very light.